Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 189
  1. #1
    Xsyon Citizen Xx1327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA,Florida
    Posts
    554

    Re:Town Defences

    Triphead wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    Towns will be safe zones in the early Prelude for good and neutral tribes. This will give players players time to build walls with gates, and dig ditches.

    Once it appears that players are ready the safe zones will be removed.

    You can also expect to see towers at some point during prelude along with other features that can't yet be disclosed that should be in over the summer.
    So being a Evil tribe will come with penaltys? why would this be the case , dont a evil tribe get the same protections then ? if that is to be the case then surely to begin with we will just end up with a care bear sandbox/ city builder game, but then you cant really call it a sandbox game if anything you farm or build cant be taken or destroyed?

    Also with a final wipe apparently happening 1 week before april 15th to allow for tribe towns to be built how can we contest for the better areas when they will become safe zones ?

    Am i the only one thinking that you are trying to discourage any form of player killings as this will turn you red and you wont beable to have the same fair playing ground in which to compete ?
    don't start this carebear crap
    if you want to be evil there will be consequences. you can still be good or neutral and not have war ...ect being evil tho will also have its many benefits and freedoms im sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Luculus View Post
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
    Give a man a fishing pole....and he can kill bears with it.

  2. #2

    Re:Town Defences

    yea and you know that for sure ? or just guessing ... also i will go on about care bear crap all day long ... why do you want a nice little crafting game where a player being killed is once every blue moon lol aint going to happen . whats the difference between good and neutral if you aint going to have war anyway , maybe some of us are hoping to build a tribe in which is just a base in which we can wage war from .

  3. #3

    Re:Town Defences

    Triphead wrote:
    yea and you know that for sure ? or just guessing ... also i will go on about care bear crap all day long ... why do you want a nice little crafting game where a player being killed is once every blue moon lol aint going to happen . whats the difference between good and neutral if you aint going to have war anyway , maybe some of us are hoping to build a tribe in which is just a base in which we can wage war from .
    Sorry where you getting this info from?

    Ive not played a FFA PVP sandbox game yet that was carebear.

    Can you please point me to some of them?
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re:Town Defences

    To be honest with you all i was looking for was a reply that would state that a evil tribe would or would not be getting the same form of defense for their tribes town, as you might realise part of this thread was moved from the topic of towns defenses.. if you read above virtus states that good and neutral tribe towns will be safe zones the only thing that should be safe about them towns/zones are the fact you are with like minded people who are banding together to do the same thing . that is essentially carebearing as the evil tribes from what i understand arent going to be on a level playing field there fore always open to attack ... unless virtus can confirm that evil tribes can build the same defenses.

  6. #6

    Re:Town Defences

    Triphead wrote:
    To be honest with you all i was looking for was a reply that would state that a evil tribe would or would not be getting the same form of defense for their tribes town, as you might realise part of this thread was moved from the topic of towns defenses.. if you read above virtus states that good and neutral tribe towns will be safe zones the only thing that should be safe about them towns/zones are the fact you are with like minded people who are banding together to do the same thing . that is essentially carebearing as the evil tribes from what i understand arent going to be on a level playing field there fore always open to attack ... unless virtus can confirm that evil tribes can build the same defenses.
    Its only like that for a little while til the game has built up defenses.

    Later Good and Neut tribes wont have this protection.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  7. #7

    Re:Town Defences

    Triphead wrote:
    why do you want a nice little crafting game where a player being killed is once every blue moon lol aint going to happen.
    Right now, we don't know why any tribe would go evil at all. Conflicts may or may not happen over time, but already entering the game as evil only for the sake of being evil is just unimmersive and arguably immature.


    Triphead wrote:
    that is essentially carebearing as the evil tribes from what i understand arent going to be on a level playing field there fore always open to attack ... unless virtus can confirm that evil tribes can build the same defenses.
    if you want pvp, you'll get pvp.
    cry me a river, carebear?

  8. #8

    Re:Town Defences

    MrDDT wrote:
    Triphead wrote:
    To be honest with you all i was looking for was a reply that would state that a evil tribe would or would not be getting the same form of defense for their tribes town, as you might realise part of this thread was moved from the topic of towns defenses.. if you read above virtus states that good and neutral tribe towns will be safe zones the only thing that should be safe about them towns/zones are the fact you are with like minded people who are banding together to do the same thing . that is essentially carebearing as the evil tribes from what i understand arent going to be on a level playing field there fore always open to attack ... unless virtus can confirm that evil tribes can build the same defenses.
    Its only like that for a little while til the game has built up defenses.

    Later Good and Neut tribes wont have this protection.
    This isn't decided yet, Xsyon said he will take into consideration this feature, depending on the feedbacks of the players too.

  9. #9

    Re:Carebear alignment

    Even if evil tribes do get the same 'safe zone' for their village to start off with, do they really need it ? If good/neutral tribes wanted to attack another tribe/village unprovoked then they would just be an evil tribe. As stated many times, there will be pretty severe consequences for this type of thing. Don't worry, it's only for a little while, while the tribes get things going for themselves. Then the 'safe zone' will be lifted, and you can be a dick and attack everybody.

  10. #10

    Re:Town Defences

    Jadzia wrote:
    MrDDT wrote:
    Triphead wrote:
    To be honest with you all i was looking for was a reply that would state that a evil tribe would or would not be getting the same form of defense for their tribes town, as you might realise part of this thread was moved from the topic of towns defenses.. if you read above virtus states that good and neutral tribe towns will be safe zones the only thing that should be safe about them towns/zones are the fact you are with like minded people who are banding together to do the same thing . that is essentially carebearing as the evil tribes from what i understand arent going to be on a level playing field there fore always open to attack ... unless virtus can confirm that evil tribes can build the same defenses.
    Its only like that for a little while til the game has built up defenses.

    Later Good and Neut tribes wont have this protection.
    This isn't decided yet, Xsyon said he will take into consideration this feature, depending on the feedbacks of the players too.

    Yes they can build the same defenses, just that they can be attacked in town

    For now The word is good/neutral tribes will have town protection for awhile during prelude then it will be dropped once their defense are ready

Similar Threads

  1. Where are you from?
    By Zendru in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
  2. Who follows Rugby
    By r0ss0 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
  3. Internet Pirates Beware
    By Villa in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 01:26 PM
  4. Agro and kiting
    By Virtus in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •