Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Too many types of cloth?!

I wrote this thread describing the problem in detail but then I lost the text. so for now I'll just assume you know what i'm talking about and how anoying it is!

Are you solo? Do you have help in acquiring them? Are you in a guild?

These are questions that should come to mind. I think it's fine. Later I assume equipment will change by color of resources used. If you are referring to tarps then I will say this. A chief's tent needs 12 of these tarps which is 48 of one type of cloth. For a solo player this seems like a stupidly tedious thing to make. From an immersion stand point, why would a solo player want to make a chief's tent besides the cool factor? They really aren't a chief... This doesn't mean you can't make one, it just means a tribe leader would be able to make one a little easier. A solo player could make a logger's tent (4 tarps) in less than a day. So I'd aim for that (took less than 2 hours to have numerous sets of 4 tarps).

It may seem tedious, but it's also kind of balancing. However, Jooky plans on taking "patchwork" cloth into consideration. I think that this would make solo players able to create something like the chiefs tent in no time at all, which I dislike even as a semi-solo player.

One good feature would be an 'auto sort'... but anyway... these are my thoughts.

Banned
    There is slot of cloth my tribe goes 2 colour for 1 large basket

Option to dye and also patch work option needed.

all I wanted was 4 tarps for a tent, since it took me a few hours to get 1, making 4 takes an exponentially longer time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Banok View Post
    Option to dye and also patch work option needed.

all I wanted was 4 tarps for a tent, since it took me a few hours to get 1, making 4 takes an exponentially longer time...
    Really?

Doing it solo took me 2 hours to get 3 sets of 4 lol... started with 5 tailoring etc. I suggest bring bins with you to the trash piles at least 4. Makes it easy. If you're running back and forth after having a full encumbrance of course it's going to feel crappy.

yeah I realised next time I should bring loads of baskets, and I also got the tip to only bother with white since its most common. but even knowing all that I'd still rather just get 60 nails and build the type of tent which doesn't need tarps since its still an insane grind. especially since tents don't even have a use yet :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Banok View Post
    yeah I realised next time I should bring loads of baskets, and I also got the tip to only bother with white since its most common. but even knowing all that I'd still rather just get 60 nails and build the type of tent which doesn't need tarps since its still an insane grind. especially since tents don't even have a use yet :/
    its ironic one describes getting a large number of the same thing not a grind but getting a large number of a variety of items a grind.

I am leaning toward agreeing that the amount of fabrics are slightly larger then they need to be but I just wanted to point out that 'technically' collecting nails is a grind, not collecting a large variety of different items, that is more just called work.

I think given that the number of bins a person needs for fabric is nearly as large and all the bins needed for all other crafts combined might be an indicator that fabric collection might could use a bit less variety.

I didnt think so orginally and my concern is a community which every week attempts to make a game easier each week until its a 2 week to max game just like all the others. However with that said, I think a close study of the communities reaction to fabrics might not be unwarrented.

ya i'd rather there be 4 or 5 types instead of 8+ types and patchwork.

It seems odd to me that in a post-apoc survival setting that people would care about the colors of their tents matching.

"Oh dear, we're cold and wet and we need to build this tent, and we have plenty of fabric but the colors don't match. No way will I live in a tent with blue and green fabric, that's such an ugly color combination."