Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel

Travel

Personally, I am very anti-fast travel. Teleporting, runestones, portals... All that stuff. I get disappointed when I see those things, with exception to a /recall feature that allows you to get back to the last point you used /bind at.

All of the fast travel features that seem to be in games these days create arena-style gameplay, which defeats the purpose of having a large, seamless map. Why create such a huge playspace if you're going allow people to skip over most of it to "hotspots"?

It waters down tactics and strategy for raiding towns, enables large tribes to dominate the map without actually conquering it (they conquer small spaces, not lands), makes the world seem smaller, causes exploring to be an afterthought, and risk v. reward is fluffied in general.

What type of travel is in Xsyon? I've looked, but didn't see anything on the subject. Maybe I missed a thread or feature.

Re: Travel

Roads will make you go faster, so will mounts, boats etc.

Im not sure there is even a /recall option.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

Re: Travel

If there will be motorbikes at some point I definitely want ordinairy bikes too.
    Brum, brum.

Re:Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Luculus View Post
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
    Give a man a fishing pole....and he can kill bears with it.

There will not be any unnatural mode of transportation, that is, as you stated, teleports, instances, insta-travel.

All traveling for now will be done by foot, mounts (I don't know if they will be in from start), and eventually boats etc etc.

sweet. I like that concept, until i get exploring in a place 3 hours from my hometown and cant get back without dieing.

Wrekkoning wrote:
    sweet. I like that concept, until i get exploring in a place 3 hours from my hometown and cant get back without dieing.
    haha yea this might actually make it pretty fun/funny unless you found something of worth xD

this is when camps or outpost would come in handy
    Quote Originally Posted by Luculus View Post
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
    Give a man a fishing pole....and he can kill bears with it.

Wrekkoning wrote:
    might not be smart to go out there all on your own

Xsyon Citizen

think recce and sneak..dont need to fight just be sneaky, and look around with the binos you took from that dead guy back at the hut you passed 5 min ago...

i love no fast travel..awsome!!

masic

I can't wait to ride my bear mount and terrorize the noobies.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.