Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow The source of the confusion

Ok i know there a million threads about this but i believe the confusion really boils down to one question regarding safe tribal zones thats getting lost in the discussion. And tbh there has been some conflicting info from the devs. See quotes below...

1 Can architecture structures be damaged by other players at any time?
    As the game evolves YES. This won't be in for a while as towns are PLANNED AS SAFE ZONES IN THE PRELUDE, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other. (FAQ)

'Safe zone will be there in Prelude unless you turn them off. AFTER PRELUDE SAFE ZONES GO AWAY.' This touted around the forums a lot recently but im not sure of the orifinal source. Supposedly its Jooky (xsyon)

Quote from Virtus:

Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.
    If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time YOU MAY KEEP THE SAFE ZONE ON.

So, the more recent information suggests that safe zones will be optional compared to the general consensus from the past year or so that they will be turned off totally after prelude. Now, this is not my wish particularly im all for compromise as my other input into this discussion will show but maybe some final clarification on this one particular issue will put the discussion to rest a little.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Ok i know there a million threads about this but i believe the confusion really boils down to one question regarding safe tribal zones. And tbh there has been some conflicting info from the devs. See quotes below...

1 Can architecture structures be damaged by other players at any time?
    As the game evolves YES. This won't be in for a while as towns are PLANNED AS SAFE ZONES IN THE PRELUDE, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other. (FAQ)

'Safe zone will be there in Prelude unless you turn them off. AFTER PRELUDE SAFE ZONES GO AWAY.' This touted around the forums a lot recently but im not sure of the orifinal source. Supposedly its Jooky (xsyon)

Quote from Virtus:

Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.
    If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time YOU MAY KEEP THE SAFE ZONE ON.

So, the more recent information suggests that safe zones will be optional compared to the general consensus from the past year or so that they will be turned off totally after prelude. Now, this is not my wish particularly im all for compromise as my other input into this discussion will show but maybe some final clarification on this one particular issue will put the discussion to rest a little.
    Read Xsyon's latest update, Bruise. You're a bit behind.

This is like the seventh(?) thread about this. People just need to chill and be patient. The game isnt even out yet and alot of things has not been decided how it will turn out yet.

ahh yeah ok..

Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. <- not surprising considering virtus's quote yesterday!

Right so from that im getting the plan is still to remove safe zones after prelude although some tribes may be able to do that earlier or play on a doifferent server?

Here is the plan:
    This info is incorrect for after prelude:

Here is Xsyon/Jooky's response in the latest announcement:

The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan. I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices.

I think the problem has stemmed from the devs often alluding to what game will NOT be , but not being totally clear on what it WILL be.

Lol, I think what might be confusing some is when virtus says "later on" sometimes he means still in prelude, other times means after prelude.

From what I took from it:
    At launch all tribal areas will be safe zones, yet they are currently working on a way for us to toggle tribe wars during prelude. After prelude that toggle option is gone, and there are no safe zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    Lol, I think what might be confusing some is when virtus says "later on" sometimes he means still in prelude, other times means after prelude.

From what I took from it:
    At launch all tribal areas will be safe zones, yet they are currently working on a way for us to toggle tribe wars during prelude. After prelude that toggle option is gone, and there are no safe zones.
    what id love would be for jooky to come on and just say "YES thats right"

ahh yeah ok..

Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. <- not surprising considering virtus's quote yesterday!

Right so from that im getting the plan is still to remove safe zones after prelude although some tribes may be able to do that earlier or play on a doifferent server?
    Either way, though, a lot of players who like their little safe spots will still want to move into other territories, to explore, to find new resources, to learn new skills. And we won't be able to count on an invisible wall on our little patches of ground. But that doesn't mean only large tribes will be able to go out into those areas. I'm sure we can figure out ways to live in a more dangerous part of the game later on without compromising our independence. And without having any power structure, for that matter. All we need is a system of defense and a way to communicate.