Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recipe gain non random

unlike other crafting like toolcraft recipe gain seems non random, like every subsequent unlock is part of a set.

anyone else finding this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got a bunch of recipes from the something something Gather suit, but mixed in between those pieces were a few bags and packs.

Not sure if they'd unlock in the same order on a different character.

Well I got a recipe then rolled back and lost it and got the same one, so I'm pretty sure its a set list per char and not random like toolcraft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm... well your RNG could be generated at the time you make your toon, so maybe the order of all your recipe discoveries are "destined" as soon as you roll your toon?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Hmm... well your RNG could be generated at the time you make your toon, so maybe the order of all your recipe discoveries are "destined" as soon as you roll your toon?
    yes they are, if you grind a punch and get a saw recipe then a rollback and again a start grining the punch you get the saw recipe again, however if you chance the order and for exsample grind a screwdriver instead of a punch you get not a saw but someting else (or a diferent saw recipe) if you then switch to punch again you still do not gain that saw you had before as the order chanced somehow. there is somekind of algoritm behind it that works very logical but does its job well to create a random feeling to it.

I've found that the recipes for weaving are based on what sets you start with. If you start with a container, you can learn new containers from that specific set. If you have armor sets you will learn new recipes from those armor sets until you have them all. Once you have learned all of the pieces from the sets you started with, you will not gain new recipes. You will have to find them or trade for them.

Last wipe I started with 2 container sets and 2 armor sets. Learned every piece of the sets I started with before I got to lvl 10 weaving (started at 5) just making grass thread/string/twine and a few pouches and baskets. I haven't learned another recipe since.

Drev

Xsyon Citizen
    It seems to me that to get recipes of a same set of grass cloth, you need to finish the previous set.

That said, I really wonder how the requirement to get new recipe works. The other day I've been grinding the skill (doing all the possible items, like 12 to 15 of them at least) for a couple of hours and nothing (new recipe) came. Then I leveled up and used some points to get basketry from 28 to 30. Right after this, I got 4-5 new recipes all at the same time (pieces of a new set and the light/heavy plates)! Then nothing for a couple of hours of grinding (these brand new recipe +the old recipe using the light plates)... I think I got it up to 37 now, and I didn't get nothing since. Question is, shall I wait to get up to 40 to get new ones ?

Basketry is a secondary skill to me, so I started from 5. I guess that in this case, it needs more grinding to get recipe than starting at 25 if it is skill level related.

I'm a bit confused on how this recipe gain works.. so if you don't have the daogwa assault set when you make your character you wont get it later on? I've been grinding basketry all day and I'm at 44 only got 2 recipes so far weavers hat and hugaleti gift basket will i be able to get gatherer or assault set later?

Well, my Basketry is 54 and I have only ever gained 1 recipe - the Weavers Hat. I have no armor recipes at all. Is this working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Straylight View Post
    Well, my Basketry is 54 and I have only ever gained 1 recipe - the Weavers Hat. I have no armor recipes at all. Is this working as intended?
    I can't say whether it's intended because only the devs would know. But I assume it is. The only way for you to learn the grass armour recipes is to find one of those recipes from scavenging or trade it from a player who found one.
    Vito - a humble monk of the Brethren of the Seals.