Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compass

Compass

Simple suggestion: Once we reach a certain level of technology, we should be able to craft compass to get around more easily on the map.

A certain level of technology??? We should be able to make them straight away. Compasses are the easiest of things to make.... get a magnet and a metal object and bam you can make a compass. Scavenging for these items could be good.. low grade compasses could be slightly accurate (sometimes give false readings maybe) up to the better ones which are more accurate.

You have a GPS that is better than a compass.

I would think a coordinate reader would be easy to code.

You have a coordinate reader already... Why do you need it made into an item? Are you suggesting that they remove the in game GPS, and require a tool to find your location? If so that makes more sense to me than making a pointless tool that does something every player can already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    You have a coordinate reader already... Why do you need it made into an item? Are you suggesting that they remove the in game GPS, and require a tool to find your location? If so that makes more sense to me than making a pointless tool that does something every player can already do.
    what's wrong with a compass?

I'm sure it will be in game at some point, it just makes sense.

My point is that the GPS currently in game is SUPERIOR to a compass. I for one would like to see cartography added and the GPS taken out so that you actually had to have skills or a friend who could navigate the world for you. Then I think it would be a great idea. I'm just asking why add it now when you have total GPS already?

This idea has been on these forums quite a lot. He's said he doesn't want to keep the current coordinate system in game, but will come up with something to replace it. You can expect a compass/map system at some point, there's just other stuff that is more important to get done currently. The current coordinate system works for now, so it's fine.
    Willbonney, a.k.a. William H. Bonney, a.k.a. William Antrem, a.k.a. Billy the Kid
    "Make ya' famous."

Bossman of Regulators

http://xsyonregulators.guildlaunch.c...5225&f=1388952