Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I basically agree with you, but I fear it's too late for significant changes to the PvP mechanic in Xsyon. I assume FFA PvP is here to stay.
    He's saying the FFA PVP ALL THE TIME CROWD should not be listened to not that FFA PVP should leave.

Tribal safezones are enough. Once they implement the alignment system reds will have a harder time by being raided and slaughtered. Once they make a spawn location such as the one in my Dream catcher thread we will get less griefing and more meaningful fights. Make starter tools only player tradeable and degrade. Player can police the evil clans and enforce law throughout the land. Not some predetermined safe area for people to never leave and craft in all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehroth View Post
    Not some predetermined safe area for people to never leave and craft in all day.
    You mean like in EvE Online, the most successful sandbox out there at the moment?

There's a reason Darkfall only has 5~k subscriptions, and it's probably the same reason you guys left it. Because the plans you're suggesting are moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Alignment system is not on yet and its pre-launch beta game play.. alot of players just are bored and steal pants or someting.. do not mistake beta boredom whit actual launch game play. will random pvp killing happen, yup there will be but it will soon be much less after launch.
    Honestly this more than anything.

And as a side note the PvP and feelign of danger it provides in darkfall rules It's downside is lack of sand in the sandbox.

Also as a side note it has tons of safezones, so really citing it constantly just shows that some people will complain until PvP is turned off completely.

It's okay if some peopel want to play single player games. It's also okay that some people want to play FPSes. It would be nice if both groups would stop trying ot make every game they play into their preferred type.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    And as a side note the PvP and feelign of danger it provides in darkfall rules It's downside is lack of sand in the sandbox.

Also as a side note it has tons of safezones, so really citing it constantly just shows that some people will complain until PvP is turned off completely.

It's okay if some peopel want to play single player games. It's also okay that some people want to play FPSes. It would be nice if both groups would stop trying ot make every game they play into their preferred type.
    It has "tons of safezones"? You do realise those zones don't work if your guild is at war with their's, right? And lots of players run around in a single man guild declaring war on everyone else?

Most people want to play a co-operative game with some competitive elements. Not Darkfail v2.0.

The only problem with DF's pvp was the skill gap between existing vets and new players and the horrid War Dec / Alliance system , Xsyon shouldn't have that problem which makes this thread a mote issue in regards to DF - Xsyon comparisons. FFA PvP will be fine in Xsyon with the systems planned. I'm a hardcore pvper but I have yet to go looking for PvP , the world building and exploring has sucked all my time up and I am confident the launch will be the same. There is far more to do here in order to protect ones investment than in DF, and far less of a system to grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto View Post
    This, this, a thousand times this.

I still play Mortal and all it is is e-peen wagging and the scum of the Earth trolling each other 24/7. Everyone except a select few is red and all the reds do is go about killing new players which has stunted the growth of the game's population. Do not give in to the short-sighted PvPers; they will kill this game just like they are doing to Mortal.
    FFA PVP everywhere all the time will attract the cancer from Mortal once they finish beating the dead horse over there. That is the last thing this game needs.

Unforutantly some of them have already made it over here, but maybe they won't stay, since the rules for being a douche might make them find a new game, but being a douche bag seems to be an easy job and persistance seems to be one of the qualities, to bad being humble isn't one of them.

But yes this game doesn't need to be pvp all the time to be fun.
    I think a lot of ppl misconstrue when ppl talk about pvp, most of the ppl I know myself included love pvp, myself like most that I've talked too don't like douche bags, 12 yr old epeen, leet speaking little turd baskets. Just fight win/loot/save your teabagging animation for your boyfriend at home.

Threads like this blow my mind.... When i first logged into Xsyon i had the same experience as many of the people who come to the forums and cry. I logged in was trying to get my bearings and was ganked, but you know what i got over it moved, left the spawn area gathered my pride and started playing the game.

I have only been in a handfull of fights since then it honestly seems to me the people who complain most about pvp are the people who are too stupid to learn how to avoid it when they dont want it.

I see alot of people complaining about naked griefers who run around and want no risk and all reward, but if you make this game too carebear then thats all anyone gets is no risk, all reward and one dull game.

So bottom line is get over it, get even, or go away with all this melodramatic BS and overly sensitive attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    Threads like this blow my mind.... When i first logged into Xsyon i had the same experience as many of the people who come to the forums and cry. I logged in was trying to get my bearings and was ganked, but you know what i got over it moved, left the spawn area gathered my pride and started playing the game.

I have only been in a handfull of fights since then it honestly seems to me the people who complain most about pvp are the people who are too stupid to learn how to avoid it when they dont want it.

I see alot of people complaining about naked griefers who run around and want no risk and all reward, but if you make this game too carebear then thats all anyone gets is no risk, all reward and one dull game.

So bottom line is get over it, get even, or go away with all this melodramatic BS and overly sensitive attitudes.
    Your mind is easily blown then, or just weak. I have a new names for the pro-gank/grief crowd, who come in and whine all the time, but I have not been able to decide on one. Perhaps I should run a poll. Here are the 2 choices for your selection: Should gankers/griefers, be callled A. Drama Queens, or B. My Little Ponies?

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer View Post
    I'll put it simply: This would ruin the game.

A good sandbox game has to be a mix of PvE, worldbuilding, politics, crafting and PvP.

If these idiots want constant PvP, they can go play and FPS.

Look at EvE Online, the most successful sandbox game in the world at the minute. It has VERY harsh PvP and yet it's PvP isn't constantly "turned on". It's only in lower security areas that you can get real PvP without NPC intervention.

Ultima Online was the same, Star Wars Galaxies was the same etc etc.

Don't go the route of Darkfall and fail at sandbox gameplay by making it purely PvP.

I'm still waiting for my paycheck to come at the end of the month to buy this game, but then I'm certainly signing up. If you implemented the PvP changes these shortsighted fools suggested (look at Darkfall, all wolves and no sheep which leads to the game kinda sucking, look at Mortal Online too), I wouldn't be signing up.

I know a lot of other people who feel the same way.

That's all.

Farseer out.
    i really think the devs have some great ideas about how to find the balance, we just need to give it some time.