Thread: Being the first

Being the first

As I understand it those who have pre-ordered will be in the game earlier. And being the first in the game will have certain advantages. Is it known what these advantages are, and more important: in what way will these advantages translate into disadvantages for those not belonging to the select few?

Re: Being the first

I think the only advantage you will have is gaining knowledge about the game and knowing how it works when the servers go live. Servers will have at least two Resets in the Early entry period . So there isnt much of a point heading towards a goal , But merely learning the game. Though the server will be live for those with early entry One week before april 15th . allowing you to start creating the world for all new comers to see

r0ss0 wrote:
    I think the only advantage you will have is gaining knowledge about the game and knowing how it works when the servers go live. Servers will have at least two Resets in the Early entry period . So there isnt much of a point heading towards a goal , But merely learning the game. Though the server will be live for those with early entry One week before april 15th . allowing you to start creating the world for all new comers to see
    To add to that, I'm sure there will be PLENTY of info available online from the pre-orders, once they get in. So the only thing you will really lack is GAMEPLAY!

reubenmunro wrote:
    r0ss0 wrote:
    To add to that, I'm sure there will be PLENTY of info available online from the pre-orders, once they get in. So the only thing you will really lack is GAMEPLAY!
    So, you are saying, for example, that the first players being able to shape the world for those who come after them is not a meaningful feature for the gameplay in anyway?

the server will be wiped 1 week before official release. I don't think much can get done in a week, maybe a hut and a tent or 2 and maybe some walls, that's about it.

Virtus wrote:
    the server will be wiped 1 week before official release. I don't think much can get done in a week, maybe a hut and a tent or 2 and maybe some walls, that's about it.
    Just to get this straight, that's pure speculation on your part right? I read on the mmorpg.com forum where you stated you didn't know the gameplay mechanics because you haven't played the game. So I'm assuming that's still the case? Have you seen the game at all?

What is your job title here anyway? Are you a paid employee of Notorious Games?
    www.prophecyguild.net

No I haven't but I am aware of quiet a bit more then I tend to let on at times (saves me from getting mauled from info hungry forum goers )

It is a well placed educated guess at what could be completed within a weeks time by the community.

I am a volunteer, I manage the site and the forums/IRC and act as a go between to fill in information best I can while Jooky is busy coding.

Virtus wrote:
    Lol, imagine a 100 man tribe. That hut is gonna get crowded as hell :laugh:

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.