Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Skills and Crafting Information, is there a thread

Hello everyone, am new there. Spent the last few hours reading the forums. I did not see or noticed any thread posted or such on the topics of skills/craft (fishing, cooking, smithing, hunting, skinning, etc)other then what was mentioned in the "Features". If there is a link/thread/post in this forum, would you post/link it please?

Re:Skills and Crafting Information, is there a thread

I'm not sure there is one - other than the feature list no-one actually knows anything more so it's rather hard to discuss.

How about you start with your hopes and ideas?

Sorry, there is no known information about crafting. However I can tell you it is designed to not be tedious but not so simple its boring.

Simple question about it I might be able to answer.

Will there be a thread made then or will it be a sub thread and if so, what will it be under? And thanks for replying.
    Thanks Lily, that would be great. However I am very new to this, both forum and what the game is. So I would not know where to start. Am still learning how to post and reply. I dont use the forum much unless it to post information first hand. Until the game comes out, all I can do if any, is start a thread then? Hopefully if a thread does start, people will add to it, just information and ideas. No flame, no trolling, etc. A thread that people can find information on or add to it. Thanks Lily and Virtus for the reply.

Until the game comes out no-one really has any concrete information, Vitus can give a hint or two but that's about it. I'm sure once people are in early-access there'll be plenty of info posted.

Hi folks. Found some crafts that was mentioned in Features.
    Cooking
    Making weapons
    making armor
    Farming
    Skinning/Tanning (saw it on the screenshot in background)
    Animal Breeding (would that fall under farming?)

These are the crafts that I didnt find on features or/and was mentioned in some of the threads (some where not mentioned by the way):
    Fishing (I hope they have this, be really nice)
    Fletching?
    Map Making?
    Pottery?
    Roadbuilding?
    Alchemy/Herbs?
    Harvesting/Gathering?
    Hunting (not sure if it was listed in Features)

Anyone have other crafting they like to add/suggest?

I believe that just about any item can be crafted. I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure

Also I know that with crafting a materials properties are taken into account, like a certain type of wood will be better for bows than another type of woodd, but the wood that isn't good for bows could be good for something else.
    Brum, brum.

Isn't that MO?

Yes but it also applies to Xsyon.
    I was told this by Virtus so he can back me up
    Brum, brum.

Well isn't Virtus just a little mine of information? :huh: I'm sure it'd be appreciated if more of this info was public rather than people 'hearing' about how things will work.