Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yes lets make guns and then we can evolve to lazors and then to giant aircraft that can travel out of our star system and we'll have an all out war with aliens then the war will destroy us again so we go back to being primitive beings lets do it!

but in all cerealnessicity no to the guns because everybody will be using guns instead of going head to head with axes, knives, and swords

Balanced, fun, differintiated gameplay > realism.

Judging by the concept art in the gallery, I assume we will guns and more advanced technology in the game as it progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraz View Post
    but in all cerealnessicity no to the guns because everybody will be using guns instead of going head to head with axes, knives, and swords
    Why is everyone so intent on keeping this game in a completely medieval setting? Don't we have enough of those already?
    Anyway, who is to say everyone would choose guns over melee. Plenty of other games have both options. Besides the first guns didn't exactly use 16 bullet clips. I'd imagine you better be a pretty good shot with your musket considering the reload time...

well basically this game is about surviving with primitive technology having too much will lead to the worlds downfall which is pretty much what happened in Xsyon

it took men thousands of years to invent guns and you want Xsyon to remake guns in less then a year? it would make sense to create catapults and large arrow chucker but i dont like the idea of having guns :\

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    Judging by the concept art in the gallery, I assume we will guns and more advanced technology in the game as it progresses.
    You would think that, but the lead dev basically said that those concept pieces weren't anything more than art. Guns and technology were never envisioned for the game, but he's not going to completely rule it out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    You would think that, but the lead dev basically said that those concept pieces weren't anything more than art. Guns and technology were never envisioned for the game, but he's not going to completely rule it out in the future.
    Alright.

Personally I'm not a big fan of heavy duty guns in the game, seems like a huge jump in technology for the setting. I think going with muskets and revolvers would fit the setting. I think it's just important to balance out the pros/cons of guns, e.g: lower bullet count, longer to reload, loud and easily heard from a distance, etc. I think some of these may make players be more hesitant to using them and help prevent guns from becoming an overpowering weapon in the game.

Yeah, at the end of the day I wouldn't want any one thing to be over-powered so that no one would use anything else. At least since this is a computer game, some things can be sacrificed for the sake of balance. And I think that balance is the key thing.

i'd love there to be some level of advancement in the technology, but also a major draw back to using rusted old bits of junk as compnoents

can you imagine someone jumping out at you, leveling his homemade pipe rifle at you and 'KaBooM' it missfires and blows both his hands off and he stumbles around blind and dazed while you continue on your merry way with a smile on your face

ps. not saying im in favor of guns at all, just some form of progress throughout the games life

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Balanced, fun, differintiated gameplay > realism.
    this