Xsyon Citizen

Can you learn all skills?

When you create your character you have to allocate points to the different stats, and I've read that certain combinations makes your ability to for instance craft stuff easier.

But since we can only create one character per account, is it also possible to choose for a general profession (as via the initial allocation), but by playing the game also learn all other skills?

In other words, are we limited by our initial choices or can we learn everything the game will offer?

Your thoughts please.

you can learn to do everything but you won't be a master. "Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none".
    "He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes."

Xsyon Citizen
    So its not possible to focus on one skill(set) first and then later reconsider and re-skill (for those that have experience with Mortal Online, their system is great in the sense that you can 'unlearn' certain abilities when you want to refocus on something else) if you'd change your mind?

When you do not use a skill you unlearn them (skill decay) this allows you learn as many skills as you have time for to maintain. tired of a skill? don't use it and just focus on something else.

Xsyon Citizen
    Thanks for your answer, I'm happy that I will be able to adjust my playstyle (and the corresponding skills) when I feel like it.

I think the Skills you choose in the beginning just give you a 20 point boost, not more. So you can just rise every other skill too. It just take a while to rise a skill 20 levels. Specially skills that need rare things, like bonecrafting.
    Basketry for example is really easy to learn. There is enough grass everywhere, and you can get level 25 in just one day

But I dont think it gives you any other bonus, just a little boost. I wont even mind if the game starts without a starting crafting ability, all just on 5.

ur forgetting the tools u start with!!! if u dont start with a craft u wont be able to do anything till u scav up a tool in a junk pile enjoy that

I know you can't believe everything you hear, though a few people in-game mentioned the same thing : there was a cap of 240 recipe's that you can learn. Total. For all crafts.

Is this true? If it is, I may have already severely screwed one character over ( granted it doesn't matter since it won't be saved ) since I have about 90ish recipes in Toolcrafting, and a lot of them are " similar " to others. It makes me feel as if I have a bunch of unneeded recipes that are taking up space where I could have learned OTHER recipes.

Also, some way to organize the crafting menu would be VERY nice.

hm, never heard of that 240 recipies rule. But That is still a lot! Thats enough to get all recipies of 2 different crafts. And I think you wont get all. But this is also a good way to limit hardcore players, so they arent able to be master of everything

But I dont really believe in that 240 thing. They are also going to add more recipies, so they would need to rise that 240 level each time? One day, there will be 240 recipies in just one crafttree.