Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Potential Dissapointment

All of you are patiently awaiting the release on the Xsyon and excitement is building the closer to the 15th.

However, you need to keep in mind in the field of software development there are always delays, technical problems, and unanticipated bullshit.

Just be prepared that Xsyon will not meet your expectations at first. Hopefully, they will be able to continue similarly to M&B and produce a great game but it will need a consistent following even through its problems.

Re:Potential Dissapointment

People not understanding things like this leads to sad stories like the turn that MOs community made on open beta.
    Brum, brum.

They shouldn't release a game if it is going to disappoint.. That means the game isn't ready, and if they release an unfinished game it will die very fast..

ofnature wrote:
    They shouldn't release a game if it is going to disappoint.. That means the game isn't ready, and if they release an unfinished game it will die very fast..
    Considering they are a small indie company, they probably only have a couple options. One, release early to generate enough cash flows to secure lending to complete the game. Or two, they let the project die unfinished.

Although they've kept the waiting time to a minimum, there are always going to be people who read the feature list and expect all of it there immediately and for everything to work straight away. These are the ones who are going to get be pissed off at launch when it doesn't work perfectly.

If people cant have an open mind with new MMO's Then they should not play at all . Yes there will be hiccups, But its a work in progress , And yes as you say TSKY there will be disappointment. You will know your self if the game is worth hanging onto . If there are bugs , Fine, It will get fixed . But if playability , Like the setting etc isnt to your taste then its not for you. Simple , Although be ready for the "WTF ISTHISLOL" posts soon

r0ss0 wrote:
    If people cant have an open mind with new MMO's Then they should not play at all . Yes there will be hiccups, But its a work in progress , And yes as you say TSKY there will be disappointment. You will know your self if the game is worth hanging onto . If there are bugs , Fine, It will get fixed . But if playability , Like the setting etc isnt to your taste then its not for you. Simple , Although be ready for the "WTF ISTHISLOL" posts soon
    I presume this game will be similar to dawntide when I played the beta several months ago (not sure how far it has progressed since then).

I imagine it to be very buggy and difficult to play but hopefully it has more then just potential. My indication for following this game will be how quickly they are able to patch and the composition of the patches.

Well, there are other mmo's who've survived for a long time and only have a few active(loyal) players in it.
    After world for example. Another russian mmo that's similar to Entropia Universe. They are aswell an indie company, but they already have a major expansion coming that'll overhaul the game big time.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Lets just hope another Mortal Online does not happen. They released the game in alpha because they ran out of money. I hope this game has a better strategy and planning than that game did, from what I have seen they do.

Well, indie companies that make a niche game don't always have alot of options.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.