Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
I believe you are right, and, somehow, I believe too that Xsyon will address the death penalty and alignment topics once the more pressing technical issues with the server are dealt with.

I believe a stinging death penalty is needed for this game and a penalty to stats and skills sounds good to me. And with that I mean an actual loss of stat or skill points, thus no temporary one. Additionally, death could cause that a player "cannot remember" a crafting recipe or two after the death experience.

I envision a system that - while FFA PvP is possible - causes that FFA PvP seldom is chosen as the most appropriate action by the players, just because the penalty for death is hurting so much.

Also, just imagine a death penalty that is dynamic, possibly after religion is introduced into the game. Here the death penalty could be a light to moderate one when, for example, there have been less than 5 player-killings server-wide in the last 24 hours, climbing to a very steep death penalty if we had more than 100 player-killings during the last 24 hours or so.
I fully agree, however think it should be more stinging.

For instance, whenever you faile to craft an item your stats and skill should be permanatly lost.

When you fail to find something foraging or scavanging it should take away health

Also i think permanant death is a good idea, but you can just make a new character...how about account ban upon death?

Im looking forward to being totaly nerfed for being evil, now i dont feel so bad camping new player spawns and being brutal on new players in general.