Question has been answered by Xsyon on page 2!
There are several polls and threads asking for a timeline that have missed the one already given in previous updates.
So my questions for the devs is if the previous updates are correct and the final wipe will occur by Monday and we will be playing by then or
The server switch will happen in-between now and Monday but we wont be made aware untill the game is actually ready to leave beta or
We will be made aware of the server switch but told we still have to wait due to all of the probs that need fixing thus...game not ready to leave beta for.....such and such length of time?
I will provide the updates from Fridays launch that state time line for server move.
Please pay attention to the areas marked in bold on the updates and keep in mind that March 1st 2011 was still official launch date at time of the below update.
Update February 18
Thanks for all the reports regarding tribe problems and exploits. We're going to work through tonight and all weekend on this, with the first priority being to block further exploiting of placing totems.
Multiple totems are not being saved properly so they will have to be removed.
When all the problems have been sorted out there will be an immediate update. It might take a while.
First of all we've set up a torrent where you can download and share the large data files:
If you've already downloaded the large files and want to help seed the torrent, you can start the torrent download, then copy files from the Xsyon/Data directory to your Download/Data directory where the torrent stores downloaded files.
If you want to use this as an alternate download, once you've downloaded the data files, copy them to your Xsyon/Data directory and then run the launcher.
Although the server has settled down a bit, it is possible that we'll have to wipe again. Players have been reporting many issues with tribes not forming correctly. We will examine the logs and database tonight to see exactly what the problem is and we will decide the next step after we completely understand the problem.
Thanks again for your patience. We are doing our best to deal with these problems.
Things are settling down a bit. The main problem we're having is not the number of players online, but the number of players downloading. I was hoping that more players would have the game downloaded ready for this, but it appears that many players waited until now to start patching.
Please bear with folks. We're having trouble handling so many logins and downloads at once.
Our bandwidth is limited until we can move to a new server location. As soon as I saw the recent influx of new players we put in an order to move to new servers, but unfortunately our hosts have not been able to move us yet. This will happen before the official launch.Today's early start for pre-orders is not going well and I apologize. There's not much we can do at this very moment, just bear through it.
It would help for players to get in and set up their totems and come back when things settle down.
Thanks for you patience!
So the above update states server move will take place before or on March 1st 2011.
I bring this up as the new updates posted the 19th and on have changed the official launch date of the game but that should not effect a pre determined server switch scheduled to happen by March 1st 2011.
Just looking for an update on if this has changed.