Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 254
  1. #1

    No risk to crafting, Needs Penalties

    Currently in game there is little to no risk in being a pve focused crafter.

    A crafing character can set his totem near reources, harvest in saftey, and once they are all depleted, abandon the totem, log off during the cooldown and place a new one near new resources.

    A crafter doesnt need to leave the safezone to skill up and progress, in fact most stay at home near the saftey of their premission locked baskets to do so.

    You cant even terraform without remaining inside your magical safe zone.

    A combat character on the otherhand, needs to do all of his skill leveling far from any safe zone, animals are so hard to come by that other players are the better route. However if a death penalty that removes stats and skills is implimented, it puts all of the risk of the game on the combat characters.

    Currently the largest tribe is full of crafters...how many crafters does one tribe need? Does a tribe of 10 or 20 need to have 15 crafters? Is this realistic in a dangerous and new world ravaged by an apocalypse? Civilizations of past relied on a few "crafters" in which to support the many "combat" people of their armies, defense of the tribe was the number one important factor of their survival, not who can weave the most baskets.

    My hope is that this turns into a civilized and respectfull discussion about the purpose of a crafter heavy game, removing the no risk gameplay invloved with crafting, and why all of the risk must be plased on a player who chooses to defend said crafters, having to progress outside the safe zone and without any other means to progress other than hunting people.

  2. #2
    This game does seem horribly unbalanced. It's rewarding those who don't want any sort of challenge. I do have faith that this will change later.

  3. #3
    combat is always the risky part... however i really hope they do make it so the crafter bunch has to actualy step up and defend them even if that means supporting fighters to protect there lifestyle.. its how it should be.. your tribe fighters protect the crafters and keep out the preditors... otherwise.. just give everyone everthing.. nothing will be worth anything

  4. #4
    you also gotta realize this game is designed that there will be a point when the junk is gone.... and those crafters cant just hide in there homes anymore to survive..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kombi View Post
    combat is always the risky part... however i really hope they do make it so the crafter bunch has to actualy step up and defend them even if that means supporting fighters to protect there lifestyle.. its how it should be.. your tribe fighters protect the crafters and keep out the preditors... otherwise.. just give everyone everthing.. nothing will be worth anything
    No i like that having crafters as somewhat defenseless, it creates a balanced need for combat character to protect them. That is my aim here, create balance.

    During our limited time in game, i have come across too few combat character protecting crafters, it was mostly crafter, harvesting alone, which is unrealistic. My hope if that we can give purpose to both crafter and combat characters, by either creating some sort of penalty for crafting inside a safezone, a penalty for crafter only tribe or penalties for really doing anything inside a safezone, as any combat character must leve said safezone in order to progess.

  6. #6
    the crafting risk is identical to Darkfall as it has been for nearly 2 years.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kombi View Post
    you also gotta realize this game is designed that there will be a point when the junk is gone.... and those crafters cant just hide in there homes anymore to survive..

    Ive thought about that, not much stopping them from abandoning their totem, logging off for the cooldown, returning to place their totem in a new location.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Currently in game there is little to no risk in being a pve focused crafter.

    A crafing character can set his totem near reources, harvest in saftey, and once they are all depleted, abandon the totem, log off during the cooldown and place a new one near new resources.

    A crafter doesnt need to leave the safezone to skill up and progress, in fact most stay at home near the saftey of their premission locked baskets to do so.

    You cant even terraform without remaining inside your magical safe zone.

    A combat character on the otherhand, needs to do all of his skill leveling far from any safe zone, animals are so hard to come by that other players are the better route. However if a death penalty that removes stats and skills is implimented, it puts all of the risk of the game on the combat characters.

    Currently the largest tribe is full of crafters...how many crafters does one tribe need? Does a tribe of 10 or 20 need to have 15 crafters? Is this realistic in a dangerous and new world ravaged by an apocalypse? Civilizations of past relied on a few "crafters" in which to support the many "combat" people of their armies, defense of the tribe was the number one important factor of their survival, not who can weave the most baskets.

    My hope is that this turns into a civilized and respectfull discussion about the purpose of a crafter heavy game, removing the no risk gameplay invloved with crafting, and why all of the risk must be plased on a player who chooses to defend said crafters, having to progress outside the safe zone and without any other means to progress other than hunting people.
    Risk is when you see "Crafting failed" trust me the heart pounds when it takes forever to get some components and only watch them vanish. Just sayin...
    Light travels faster than sound thats why most individuals seem bright until they open their mouths.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    the crafting risk is identical to Darkfall as it has been for nearly 2 years.
    No in DF, there were ways to get around tower defenses ( friend does the dmg and kills...dies in the process, hes friend nearby loots)

    Anyone who was warring another guild had no saftey whatsoever.

    There was no ability to pick up your safe zone and move it to a new location

    Resource nodes respawned

  10. #10
    So?

    Looks to me you're singling out the solo player. That player better be able to keep everything he owns in his backpack and pouches. Because if I come strolling across a bunch of baskets in a recently stripped area of ground, you know what I'm gonna do?

    Communicate to my tribe that I just found a lot of stuff. Temp leave my tribe, place my own homestead totem right next to all them goodies. Then they belong to me. (Yes, it works. Me and my tribe-mates tested it) I take everything I can, take down my totem, and sit safely in my tribe area for the 30 minute timer to tick away so I can get invited back to my original tribe.

    And if that solo crafter is able to carry all his stuff in his backpack and pouches, chances are he is moving pretty darn slow. This makes for an easy kill. All his stuff will get looted anyway.

    Sounds like a risk to me...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •