The Importance of Charm: Mastering the Fail Skill

So in the game guide, the primary skills for the Charm attribute are:

Animal Taming, Tribal Leadership,
    Religion, Fail, Luck

Most of these aren't implemented, and I'm sure others also found it odd that Fail was listed as a skill.

I've been making toons and maxing attributes that relate to the crafting skills I care about, normally Dex and Perc.

On my last build, I started with 10 Charm, 75ish Perc and Dex. I also started with the Basketweaving skill. Now I'm not exactly sure what effects Fails and Successes in crafting, but with this build I failed making Grass String or Thread (the most basic one, I forget which) seven times in a row.

Obviously there's a bit of bad luck on the RNG there, but was it compounded by the fact that I had 10 Charm? Perhaps! It certainly wasn't influenced by my Perc, Dex, or Basket skill.

Anyone else tested the effect of Charm in crafting?

I made a few crafters, with varying stats, and I did notice everytime I lowered Charm, I did fail more often.

All stats are active as in thier discriptions, they do nto gain or decay but they are active. lowering spiret or charm for a combat toon give a fairly heavy penalty if you try to do someting else then combat.

Yeah, I found it very curious that they listed "Fail" as a separate skill. Maybe with a high Fail skill, you perform more epic faceplants when running and jumping, just ready for fraps and youtube. Let the lolz begin!

i do str/fort/agil/int/per all 90 and i didnt notice a huge increase in FAILS and i never had 7 fails on thread! dont think i ever failed on thread? might have to pay more attention next time when the servers finally stay up

How large of a sample has everyone used? If you fail 7 times out of 10 vs 7 times out of 20, that's a huge difference.

I know I've failed several times in a row on simple recipes with 10 Charm and only 5 skill, but I've also had just about as many successes in a row too.

Ya my samples have definitely not been large enough for any accurate assessment.

Anyone other thoughts or tests on Charm?

Xsyon Citizen
    Thoughts or test, no, but question, yeah...

What's the tribe leadership thing ? How would Charm influence it ?

Xsyon Citizen

Cool

thats a good question. i have ASSUMPTIONS and guesses. maybe when you go to war with another tribe, having the leader there gives you a boost of some sort. like in total war lol. maybe that boost is higher if the tribal leader has higher charm. thats one way it could be used...its possible, eh?

as far as fail being a skill, i've heard of a few people falling off of cliffs within the past few days, so yeah. its a skill! watch that first step! fail...

i pretty much evened out my skills with most of them being in the 60-65 range. i boosted one to 75 and dropped charm to 40, but i really didnt gimp anything down to ten, seeing as how i didnt know what it was going to do. is it true these attributes will be static and non-changeable?