Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stats on our gear

Is this something that just hasn't been implemented yet?

We need a way to know if what we are buying/selling is even worth anything, it will be hard to set prices on stuff if we can't see the value in it.

I would like this answered as well.

This affects everything from a crafting perspective.

i'm not sure if there are stats and simply hidden but supposedly the quality of the item effects how long and how well the tool is used. I don't believe the item decay has been turned on though.

Stats are a must, even if there is some system where they need to be "discovered." Possibly require X amount of weapon/craft skill to see detailed stats and if you dont meet those reqs you see a generic set of info. Whatever the method, stats for items need to be concrete to help setup the economy. If we are always kept guessing on the stats of items it will take much longer to set definitive values.

Also, without stats people may be able to cheat others in trades etc. Some people may like that idea, as it allows some sort of immersion, but no stats whatsoever is bad for the game's economy.

There aren't stats, but their are built-in value markers. There are various quality & status notations in the tool tip for every item. A Pelican Axe that is "Superior Quality" & "New" is going to have a lot more value than a Pelican Axe that is "Poor Quality" & "Worn." We don't necessarily need stats to tell us that.

I know you guys are looking to get into the finer details & be spreadsheet warriors ala EVE (which I prefer, as well), but I just wanted to point out that there is at least something in the game to drive price points.

I am less and less liking stats on items... it makes things about numbers + maths. From my perspective, the more stats they added in UO the worse the game got. I think it would depend on how it was implemented... just as long as people arent going after purple weps + armour or trying to make a 100% fire resist armour with faster casting 3 rings

Quote Originally Posted by YamiOkami View Post
    I am less and less liking stats on items... it makes things about numbers + maths. From my perspective, the more stats they added in UO the worse the game got. I think it would depend on how it was implemented... just as long as people arent going after purple weps + armour or trying to make a 100% fire resist armour with faster casting 3 rings

the shit you buy at the store doesnt have stats on it. spend some time testing things. too many of you people want everything handed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    the shit you buy at the store doesnt have stats on it. spend some time testing things. too many of you people want everything handed to you.
    This.

I like the vagueness of the overall game. The lack of hard number stats makes it more interesting. Everyone wants a tutorial, a noob area, stats on everything, NPCs to guard-quest-trade-etc......this minimilist approach is rather refreshing. I like the sort of "ok...now what am I supposed to do" situations I've found myself in as I've figured out more and more. Everything will be figured out in it's own time...but by the players, and not by some artificial popup that spoon feeds the info.

Even though I think visual stats are important in many other MMOs, I am not sure if they are needed here.

If hard stats are shown, items will start being a complete numbers game. We all know what this means. Pages, and pages of hard numbers and testing of numbers that look more like a fine calculation of going on a voyage to Mars rather than just playing a video game and having fun. We know this will happen, and so do the devs.

Tbh, I am on the fence with this, and don't care either way. I just hope if they do put stats in, that they aren't crazy and a lot of things are pretty much even and your choice of what to wear and use (along with situation) is the deciding factor rather than, if I use weapon A in my main hand, but use Weapon K in of off hand I will get 0.2 dps more than if I use Weapon C and Weapon Q, and 1.4 dps more than if I just use Weapon X.

I think we can all agree, this is something we don't want Xsyon to be. However, I do hope that there at least hidden stats, so the differences are not just visual.

So a hatchet that is "New" has the same modifiers as a war axe that is "New"?