Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Toggle on/off PvP in cities??

    The first brick in the CareBear road is in place.

    To "Turn on/off" PvP in your city is just Ghey... I thought this was a PvP game. What's next? "Insurance" for your gear? Safe Zones for PvE?

    I freaking hate this idea. Also, what no one is talking about, if there is a "No PvP in town"...how will you fight other tribes? What will be the point of the game? If you cant destroy your enemies city, let alone attack him in town.....explain the end game?

    How will enemies inflict damage on one another? Just stay in your town, and your safe?

    Carebears 1
    PvP 0

    It's already started...........


  2. #2
    You can turn it off but you ain't turning it back on. Although I haven't been following this forum heavily the past week, so unless something has changed...

  3. #3
    surely we dont have to go through this whole discussion again? cant u just look through one of the other million threads on the subject?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    The first brick in the CareBear road is in place.

    To "Turn on/off" PvP in your city is just Ghey... I thought this was a PvP game. What's next? "Insurance" for your gear? Safe Zones for PvE?

    I freaking hate this idea. Also, what no one is talking about, if there is a "No PvP in town"...how will you fight other tribes? What will be the point of the game? If you cant destroy your enemies city, let alone attack him in town.....explain the end game?

    How will enemies inflict damage on one another? Just stay in your town, and your safe?

    Carebears 1
    PvP 0

    It's already started...........
    um it has already been clarified that pvp is not going to be a toggle switch. xyson says in an update the at first all tribal areas will be safe zone but is considering to allow tribes to opt out early to participate in warfare and was not a toggle on or off switch, so basically once off it is for good

    besides that once prelude is over safe zones are gone what is so hard to understand about a written statement from the guy doing the coding himself?

  5. #5
    pay attention to the bold area

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyson
    Update February 21 : Regarding recent discussions

    Hello everyone!

    I don't have time to read through all the recent discussions, but I want to clarify things as I see a lot of incorrect speculation.

    The pending launch is for the Prelude, which is intended to last at least 6-9 months as originally planned. The Prelude is meant to be as described in the Features section. During the Prelude the game will evolve based on the community. The vision is and always has been to do this.

    As those of you that have been around for a while already know, I've been paying attention to feedback and features have already changed based on what the community asks for. The tribe and rank system has changed from it's initial implementation. Combat was completely revised, though I admit it needs work and that's why we're bringing on another specialist this coming month.

    The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan. I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices. I hope this clears things up. The game plan is to continually evolve and improve the game to listen to feedback and accomodate many types of players, and we're sticking to that.
    .

  6. #6
    OP, have you read the Feature page before buying the game ? It says Player owned PROTECTED housing. So what made you think that you would be able to destroy other people's cities? There are safe zone during Prelude as it is stated on the FAQ page. I wonder why did you but the game if you hate its features.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    Carebears 1
    PvP 0
    yay carebears are winning! how many points are we playing to?

  8. #8
    First we have this statement from Virtus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

    Here is the plan:

    At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

    If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

    Hope this clears things up.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post46390

    Followed by this from Jooky:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan. I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices.

    I hope this clears things up. The game plan is to continually evolve and improve the game to listen to feedback and accomodate many types of players, and we're sticking to that.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post46756

    Note that Jooky does NOT say Virtus "had it wrong". He merely expands on the discussion by saying that the safe zones cannot be turned on and off at at the tribe's discretion. So you can't have a safe zone today, turn evil tomorrow and then decide you don't like the consequences, and turn your safe zone back on again.

    Jooky also again states that the "game plan is to continually evolve and improve the game to listen to feedback and accomodate many types of players".

    Everyone can interpret the above quotes to suit their own agenda

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    OP, have you read the Feature page before buying the game ? It says Player owned PROTECTED housing. So what made you think that you would be able to destroy other people's cities? There are safe zone during Prelude as it is stated on the FAQ page. I wonder why did you but the game if you hate its features.
    I would take a guess and say.....no.
    Light travels faster than sound thats why most individuals seem bright until they open their mouths.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    First we have this statement from Virtus:

    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post46390

    Followed by this from Jooky:

    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post46756

    Note that Jooky does NOT say Virtus "had it wrong". He merely expands on the discussion by saying that the safe zones cannot be turned on and off at at the tribe's discretion. So you can't have a safe zone today, turn evil tomorrow and then decide you don't like the consequences, and turn your safe zone back on again.

    Jooky also again states that the "game plan is to continually evolve and improve the game to listen to feedback and accomodate many types of players".

    Everyone can interpret the above quotes to suit their own agenda
    you are taking those posts out of context they are not talking about xyson whole life span but only the prelude but i guess it will take xyson himself to clarify himself again about this for some to believe but then again there will be some that will not believe anything anyone says whether they are devs or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •