Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should I tell my Friends?

Reading through the developer notes on prelude, it seems they are only letting in 5000 or so max at pre launch? That seems awful small considering the usually tens-hundreds of thousands of players at the launch of most mmos now days. Don't get me wrong, I love this but should I be spreading the word about this game? I have plenty of old SWG vets who love a good crafting/item system and this game seems right up their alley however I am hesitant to tell them about it for fear that they may not get into the game for some time.

Re:Should I tell my Friends?

Tell the SWG vets. Can never get enough of them.
    But so far the forums have only just over 1000 members (Who knows how many of them are actually active and will play the game), so I don't think that getting places in the game will be a huge problem as of yet.
    Brum, brum.

I am amped to see that the developers don't want a waterfall of mmo junkies but rather want to focus on baby steps and fine tuning the game as it grows. They have my respect...and my pre order.

Xbwalker wrote:
    Reading through the developer notes on prelude, it seems they are only letting in 5000 or so max at pre launch? That seems awful small considering the usually tens-hundreds of thousands of players at the launch of most mmos now days. Don't get me wrong, I love this but should I be spreading the word about this game? I have plenty of old SWG vets who love a good crafting/item system and this game seems right up their alley however I am hesitant to tell them about it for fear that they may not get into the game for some time.

You should not tell your friends because you may get a beating.No preview video no even gameplay vid ,no nothing.Just wait until this bubble of soap will burst and i hope it will burst in the eyes of many kids that are fanboys in here and make they eyes cry for good.Bye

That was an incredibly confusing response. I will be telling my closer old SWG friends about this game. The features and attention to detail for things like item degredation and crafting are awesome. As far as I have seen, these forums are fairly void of fanbois thus far. Try the STO forums if you want to see the opposite lol. It's a mess over there.

Xbwalker wrote:
    That was an incredibly confusing response. I will be telling my closer old SWG friends about this game. The features and attention to detail for things like item degredation and crafting are awesome. As far as I have seen, these forums are fairly void of fanbois thus far. Try the STO forums if you want to see the opposite lol. It's a mess over there.
    'Xsyon' mentioned stopping preorders at 500 so I'm guessing they are able to monitor how many people play their game.

Xbwalker wrote:
    Well the game is going to be released for real not too long from now so I would just tell them.

reubenmunro wrote:
    Xbwalker wrote:
    'Xsyon' mentioned stopping preorders at 500 so I'm guessing they are able to monitor how many people play their game.
    I can tell you he wished he was a bit wiser at his number choosing. Not sure how many though, 1k maybe...

Virtus wrote:
    reubenmunro wrote:
    Xbwalker wrote:
    I can tell you he wished he was a bit wiser at his number choosing. Not sure how many though, 1k maybe...
    Can't the server hold 2k though?

it could prob hold 10-15k