Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    To the crafters and "carebears"

    You are complaining about ffa pvp and want safezones, why can't you just play the game with the rules as they are or should be? Pvper's accept they will lose their stuff, be ganked alot etc as the game goes along. What is so special about you that you need special rules for yourselves? Can't you just play within what is given to you and have pvper's in your own tribes to help defend crafters, or hire other tribes for protection? Why must you ruin all games instead of just enjoying the ruleset.

    Imagine this game with what i have said, all the diplomacy an actual RP elements that could happen. Instead you want your own little safe zones so you can play by yourselves..why don't we just have separate servers then, or why not just play a normal multiplayer game of the sims?

    Ying and yang, good and evil. It's after the apocolypse isn't it, yet you demand safety forever. Seriously why not just go play a singleplayer non-violent empire/economy building game. Sandbox games to me always meant freedom for all play styles. Remember what made UO great, yea well people like you ruined that. It still stands as the greatest mmo ever made, and that is because of all those freedoms. Make the game everything it can be by actually playing it for everything it offers, not just for you and your friends to make baskets for each other.

    Over 10 years on and still nothing comes close. Let's just hope crying doesn't get its way after the end of the world, so this game can be the one we have all been waiting for.

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen tilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hopi Village
    Posts
    57
    This game is and has been designed from day one with safezones. It was never designed to be 100 percent free for all. Nice try. The devs have already spoken on this matter and haven't budged despite hundreds of posts from people who want them gone

  3. #3
    Mods lock this thread. It adds nothing to the forums. The opinion has been stated lots of time.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by goofy3k View Post
    You are complaining about ffa pvp and want safezones, why can't you just play the game with the rules as they are or should be? Pvper's accept they will lose their stuff, be ganked alot etc as the game goes along. What is so special about you that you need special rules for yourselves? Can't you just play within what is given to you and have pvper's in your own tribes to help defend crafters, or hire other tribes for protection? Why must you ruin all games instead of just enjoying the ruleset.

    Imagine this game with what i have said, all the diplomacy an actual RP elements that could happen. Instead you want your own little safe zones so you can play by yourselves..why don't we just have separate servers then, or why not just play a normal multiplayer game of the sims?

    Ying and yang, good and evil. It's after the apocolypse isn't it, yet you demand safety forever. Seriously why not just go play a singleplayer non-violent empire/economy building game. Sandbox games to me always meant freedom for all play styles. Remember what made UO great, yea well people like you ruined that. It still stands as the greatest mmo ever made, and that is because of all those freedoms. Make the game everything it can be by actually playing it for everything it offers, not just for you and your friends to make baskets for each other.

    Over 10 years on and still nothing comes close. Let's just hope crying doesn't get its way after the end of the world, so this game can be the one we have all been waiting for.
    i don't think anyone has mentioned about having safety forever, the tribal safe zone supposedly are only for prelude once prelude is over safe zones are gone. The intention is for the world to be built while the combat mechanics/tribal warfare is implemented. Right now all combat is, is point and press 1 or 2 on the keyboard. there are no mechanics to it period at the moment

    I know it is a bug right now about being able to gank in starter area but these safe areas should always be there for the new players so they can get their bearings before running off

  5. #5
    /Sigh
    Not this again.
    "He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    This game is and has been designed from day one with safezones. It was never designed to be 100 percent free for all. Nice try. The devs have already spoken on this matter and haven't budged despite hundreds of posts from people who want them gone
    You mean except for where they say they will be gone after Prelude??

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefe18 View Post
    You mean except for where they say they will be gone after Prelude??
    well the pve crowd will just cry for them to be permanant when that time comes. they dont like this sandbox idea where you solve the saftey issue by making friends and using the in game tools provided for saftey...they want optional pvp.

  9. #9
    this is what the 10th thread today first day here is it always like this..?

  10. #10
    Xsyon Citizen tilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hopi Village
    Posts
    57
    I actually meant in Prelude, IE the game as it stands now and will for the next 6 months (and face it, possibly longer, the game has been delayed plenty before whats to make Prelude that much different).

    The prelude has safezones as it is about developing the starting world and civilization, the towns where later players will spawn and venture into the unknown.


    I'd also just like to note to all those who expected 100 percent FFA PvP from day 1: the features list does not contain this at all http://xsyon.com/features

    But I agree, lock, this thread has been done a hundred times over with change to spare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •