Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Delete timer on rerolling

    another post just made me realize we should have a delete timer on rerolling.

    This would stop the following:

    1. Rerolling to stock up on tools
    2. Rerolling constantly to get items for your tribe.
    3. Accountability

    Edit: The way it would work is after you make a new character you wouldn't be able to delete for a set amount of time.

    After all the systems are in place to protect new players from being griefed right when they log in is when I think something like this should be added.

  2. #2
    I kind of agree, however the GM here said that the starter tools were basically crap, and offerd an advantage that was very short lived.

    Who cares...they stop people doing this and they start getting "they griefed me when i logged in and not i have no tools" threads

    not a huge issue imo

    i dont want one of those f2p 24hr character deletion things either...i often cant get my color right anyway, wouldnt want to have to wait a day to correct it.

    i get my tools from noobs and dont use them anyway so im not one of these tool rerollers

  3. #3
    Xsyon Citizen tilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hopi Village
    Posts
    57
    This is conflicting for me.

    The two examples you cited are definitely reasons for a timer but consider this:

    1. Rerolling to spawn somewhere else if you're getting spawn-killed on character creation.
    2. Rerolling to get a better set of recipes to start with.

    I think possibly a more elegant solution is probably in-order. A few things I could think of: if you need new recipes, a button should let you re-roll your recipe list up to the point you craft your first item. Spawn-killing has been addressed in other threads. However until these kinds of solutions are implemented, I can't see this working out well.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    This is conflicting for me.

    The two examples you cited are definitely reasons for a timer but consider this:

    1. Rerolling to spawn somewhere else if you're getting spawn-killed on character creation.
    2. Rerolling to get a better set of recipes to start with.

    I think possibly a more elegant solution is probably in-order. A few things I could think of: if you need new recipes, a button should let you re-roll your recipe list up to the point you craft your first item. Spawn-killing has been addressed in other threads. However until these kinds of solutions are implemented, I can't see this working out well.
    Dare i agree with a hopitroll?

    Yes, i agree 100%

    and i would do such dirty things to those ponies...

  5. #5
    Thanks Keith... this is a relevant topic to prelude.

    Yes a timer wouldn't be such a good idea. A lot of people have no clue what will happen when they create their character. They should be able to recreate one if they aren't satisfied.

    I don't think you can have it too much better than it is now. I hate bind on character items, but this would remove multiple re-rolls that kind of exploit rerolling to gain better tools. The drawback would be they won't be looted.

    If the tools have quick decay, the current system will be moderately ok in the long run. I'm not going to do the reroll exploit because I want to level toolcraft in order to craft those tools when they break. Rerollers might be screwed at that time so maybe it will work out.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Thanks Keith... this is a relevant topic to prelude.

    Yes a timer wouldn't be such a good idea. A lot of people have no clue what will happen when they create their character. .
    Or, god forbid, you could actually make the "user manual" something usefull, besides something to put your drink on as a coaster.
    Update it to explain the game to the new players, instead of throwing them to the wolves and watching them get Pk'd/ganked/looted/quit.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    Or, god forbid, you could actually make the "user manual" something usefull, besides something to put your drink on as a coaster.
    Update it to explain the game to the new players, instead of throwing them to the wolves and watching them get Pk'd/ganked/looted/quit.
    Yehp you could. It's not a looting/ganked/griefed thing though... it's more so choosing the character you want not actually being the character you want. I've re-rolled enough (by force and by choice) to know how to get a really legit set of starting recipes and tools. I read the manual, forums, and a lot of things before starting a couple weeks ago and my choice of character was nothing like my current one. You have to give players the chance to choose what they want to play.

    As a developer of anything you can't always assume that every customer is going to read the manual. That might suck to hear...

  8. #8
    Xsyon Citizen tilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hopi Village
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    As a developer of anything you can't always assume that every customer is going to read the manual. That might suck to hear...
    This. Oh dear god this. I've worked tech support for Microsoft and a much smaller local company and the hundreds of co-workers would have all been homeless if more than a handful even bothered to read the included Help files.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •