Need some tips for terraforming

I really enjoy terraforming, but I had a couple of questions about it.

When building a terraformed wall, how do you keep the bloody thing straight. Whenever I try, it ultimately has bulges and slight turns. I tend to be a perfectionist, and its driving me crazy. Any tips would be appreciated.

After I have my walls built, the top of it is invariably uneven. I try to use the level action, but i still can't seem to do it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Any other tips that I'm not thinking of would also be appreciated.

Build it high enough. If still not straight just fix it from the bottom.
    Just takes a lot fo tries to level terrain properly.
    When capped out by the hight of the formation due to too high slope on edge to terra form higher, use pyramid like structuring to build higher.

the slight turns on the edge you can fix by moving real close to the edge until you seem to fall down into the ground whit your legs . if you the raise the ground it will usually remove the slight turn.

Firstly I'm not sure if you know about the elevation level (next to the co-ords) on your actionbar.

Secondly this is very hard to explain without showing you in game so pm your char name to me - i'll be on in a few hours if you want a demonstration.

Talking

Firstly I'm not sure if you know about the elevation level (next to the co-ords) on your actionbar.

Secondly this is very hard to explain without showing you in game so pm your char name to me - i'll be on in a few hours if you want a demonstration.

from what I gather, the best way to level is to pick your height that you want the whole thing to be, then go along the whole length and make sure that every part is atleast .50 under what your height is. once you do that you "level up" towards the height you picked earlier, and like Chavoda said, you want to stand on the edge when the numbers start to go down and then level, but another thing I would reccomend is to get all of the big dips as level as possible before doing those .10 per try levels because you will be doing it forever.