Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology.
    Gods took it all, nough said

Quote Originally Posted by bankerandrew View Post
    ok... but where did the devs mension this.. do you have anything to backup this statement? if that is true that is fine... wierd, but fine.... as long as it is part of the lore... but i dont see that it is.
    the fact that its not going to happen isnt an indicator of this?
    and lets go with the assumption it is going to happen, and that this isnt an alternater reality future..why are you playing a game? you should be stocking up on survival gear, tools, and guns! you got less than a year before it all doesnt matter anyway..

so either its an alternate future, or we are all wasting out time playing games when an impending doom is coming take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    actually if you do the math, with the reduced scale..each zone is 1024m2, or .404 sq miles per zone..so even if you count the partial zones, the total land mass is around 34sq miles.
    Assuming every inch is flat, and its definitely not.

there's a rift, there's talk of devils and gods, angels an mythology. we have no idea what happened, everything vanished... we simply don't know.
    This isn't the lake tahoe that you know from this reality. Think more along the lines of LOST or something... we're here, but we have no idea what happened to everything.

The survivors of the grisly destruction rise from the ashes of ruin to encounter a world that has changed. A world that once existed only in the realm of mythology, legend and imagination has become concrete and very real. You have forgotten the past and are welcomed by a new primitive future.
    The new world hangs in a moment of uncertainty. Though the rift in reality has called forth many benevolent gods and creatures, this truly is the time of the Apocalypse. The seven seals are about to be broken. The Four Horsemen loom over the land awaiting their chance to spread destruction and chaos. Devils and angels vie for control of their earthly battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    square mileage of an area is not done on a topographical overlay..its done on a flat plane, with the area as a whole.
    say you own "3 acres of land" you can build a HUGE mound of dirt on it, its still 3 acres, you could not sell it as 4 acres because of the extra Z height you added.

gods? surely we don't believe in such mumbo jumbo... or am i a god controlling my avatar... is this like the mmo version of the 13th floor? (great movie btw)

i am athiest... so if gods dont exist... then a person or persons must have done this.... again... 2012... gods dont exist.. and "god" has never shown himself.

again... i am always serious. about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    umm... this seems like a topic of another thread... hijackers go thataway ->

o/

Quote Originally Posted by Mako_Jak View Post
    there's a rift, there's talk of devils and gods, angels an mythology. we have no idea what happened, everything vanished... we simply don't know.
    This isn't the lake tahoe that you know from this reality. Think more along the lines of LOST or something... we're here, but we have no idea what happened to everything.
    different game.. i think it releases next week also... i am thinking perhaps you alt tabbed to the wrong forums?

just sayin

i am always very serious about these things... always.

http://www.xsyon.com/about
    What is Xsyon?

Xsyon is a massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG), an online community, a virtual world and an adventure.

Set in the near future, Xsyon is an apocalyptic fable. The world draws its inspiration from history, mythology, and prophecies of the Apocalypse. Most aspects of modern life are now gone. The leaders of the new world, under the guidance of the reinvigorated once forgotten gods, have hidden traces of the scientific progress that led to the devastation of the earth. Modern vehicles, weapons, appliances, computer and even the books that describe these things are practically nowhere to be found.
    It's an untruth, but moreso it's a game .

Quote Originally Posted by bankerandrew View Post
    again... i am always serious. about everything.
    so why not make a post about how its impossible to go into ghost form, with all your gear, and suddenly reappear full healed 30 seconds later in a different location with gear intact?.
    or how a man can chop down a mighty tree with a handaxe in 15 seconds.

you claim to take all the game in seriousness, but only apply "logic" to the parts you pick and choose to debate, ignoring all others that would fall under your same strict seriousness