Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Just a few things to ponder...

First, I am very intrigued by this game... i only started playing beta a few weeks ago and so far I find the game to be what i have been looking for. At least in so much as what has been promised to come down the road. I havent been this interested in a sandbox since i played SWG way back in the day.

Few things that i have to say ruin my immersion a bit. The "lore" states that the world ends Jan 1 2012... but based on what i see in game in an area that is supposed to represent Lake Tahoe...

> where are the houses
    > Where are the towns
    > where are the ski lodges
    > where are the ski lifts
    > where is the destruction
    > why is lake tahoe all of a sudden a big scrap pile
    > when did tahoe become said scrap pile... and who bulldozed all the junk into nice heaps and piles

As of right now, i am not really sure i care, because when i log in i forget that this is supposed to be tahoe, because it isn't. I mean, seriously.. this is not Tahoe. Its a lake... could be any lake, in the middle of nowhere, because no one ever lived here before the apocalypse came.... its not even a ghost town, because you would need an empty town for that... its just.. empty...

now if it was a few million years into the future, i could probably understand, as there is plenty of time in between now and then for all the buildings to have been swept into neat junk piles... but its less than a year away from the current date.

now,, please do not tell me.. the game just started BS... cuz you can't add this type of stuff after the fact... it breaks immersion.... and it is after all heralded as a mmorpg.....as in role playing game...

and i am not bashing the game.. i have paid for and subbed... and will play at launch... game seems like fun... its just missing everything that makes it tahoe...a year from now.

/discuss

Much of what was around Tahoe is now (geographically correct) piles of junk/scrap. I can't speak for the exact happenings of the war/apocalypse, but I'm guessing it was bad enough that not much survived at all.

Xsyon is an alternate reality.

You know nothing. You’ve forgotten the past and have yet to learn the future. You are a lost soul in a strange barren world with little more than the shirt on your back. Little do you know you are destined to become a hero.
    > where are the houses - scattered around the junk piles
    > Where are the towns - scattered around the junk piles
    > where are the ski lodges - scattered around the junk piles
    > where are the ski lifts- scattered around the junk piles
    > where is the destruction - scattered around the junk piles
    > why is lake tahoe all of a sudden a big scrap pile - war ravaged the earth
    > when did tahoe become said scrap pile... and who bulldozed all the junk into nice heaps and piles - see above quote

The map right now is 120 square miles, as the game world gets larger (eventually to 1200 square kilometers) we will see more of the dstruction and find out more about what happened.

5. 02-25-2011, 10:00 PM

there would have had to be 100 bulldozers moving all the destroyed houses / cars / poles / buildings... into nice neat piles... that is not possible in a year even if 1000 bulldozers were working at it... tahoe aint huge, but it cant just vanish overnight... and if it did... all the trees, rocks, grass, etc. would also be gone, because that is the only way for all of the other items to have just vanished... everything would be gone as well... i rarely try to slap logic of real life to an mmo, but this game premise is that of a real life location, and a real possible outcome of what would happen post apocolypse.

So i am just curious... its like asking who built the pyramids... it just doesnt make sense that a year from now every man made object, and only those objects, completely vanished... gotta be a better hypothesis than "bad enough that not much survived at all"

i am hoping that all of these buildings / cars, etc... magically appear when the server comes up march 1st.. but for the few minutes i was able to play last friday none of those items were in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    > where are the houses - scattered around the junk piles
    > Where are the towns - scattered around the junk piles
    > where are the ski lodges - scattered around the junk piles
    > where are the ski lifts- scattered around the junk piles
    > where is the destruction - scattered around the junk piles
    > why is lake tahoe all of a sudden a big scrap pile - war ravaged the earth
    > when did tahoe become said scrap pile... and who bulldozed all the junk into nice heaps and piles - see above quote

The map right now is 120 square miles, as the game world gets larger (eventually to 1200 square kilometers) we will see more of the dstruction and find out more about what happened.
    my avatar forgotten the past.... not myself... i know tahoe well as i have snowboarded there many many many times.... like i said in above post... would take hundreds of bulldozers moving all the destruction into piles... and since there is a green killing mist surrounded the area.. the bulldozers couldnt have gotten far... so where are they.. .and yes, i explored every section of the game.. took forever but i did... and not one of the hundreds of missing bulldozers did i find :P

To all you pondering such deep issues, let me quote you part of the theme song to MST3k:

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
    and other science facts (la la la),
    Then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show,
    I should really just relax"

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Xsyon is an alternate reality.
    ok... but where did the devs mension this.. do you have anything to backup this statement? if that is true that is fine... wierd, but fine.... as long as it is part of the lore... but i dont see that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    >
    The map right now is 120 square miles
    actually if you do the math, with the reduced scale..each zone is 1024m2, or .404 sq miles per zone..so even if you count the partial zones, the total land mass is around 34sq miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyito View Post
    To all you pondering such deep issues, let me quote you part of the theme song to MST3k:

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
    and other science facts (la la la),
    Then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show,
    I should really just relax"

^_^
    i never relax... i am always serious about everything.