Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I couldn't make many points better than Mako_Jak and Bridger. However, you might as well have thrown a poll up since everything posted on here is about feelings.

I wouldn't dare say that your opinions aren't valid. However, we knew this was how it was going to work. Therefore, this thread could be interpreted as an attempt to whitewash and repackage the nonsense from yesterday. Where's the upside? What's the end game? What do we stand to gain from this?

How about we wait for those problems to appear and work together to address and resolve them?

i like that he is doing as he said. if u had an issue u should of followed instructions to INSURE u had a legit totem. nuff said. i spent 12h the first day and had fun running back each lap of my treck 6 times. and even the days that followed.

and im not trying to bring any drama here but *seriously* why do u even care? ur not setting up were u have been all this time ur in a new area and unless u want to grief hopi or someone else why would u seriously care? u either followed the instructions following the head start fiasco and had guides legitiz ur totem or u dont care and u should still not care. i think Jordy is being more then fair and am honestly supprised he can figure out what is good and what is bad. im intrested in seeing how this all plays out in the end

Right after I posted my last, a thought occured to me.

We know that the map is going to be expanding in the future. That being the case, I can envision future 'land rushes.' And that being the case, I wonder if there might not be a way to grant priority in the future to people whose claims are dismissed now.

I'm not sure how that priority would work, or if it's even possible. I onlyl offer it as a tentative suggestion because I hate to point out a problem without at least trying to offer a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    what about the people who showed up on the appointed day, in some cases making real-world sacrifices to do so, and expended a lot of effort to plant their totem in spite of all the frustration? How can it be fair if that counts for nothing?
    In addition to your remarks:

What about all the people who have signed onto the game AFTER the release on the 18th? Should they now be allowed to participate in a (fresh wipe) land rush?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    It's a definite no-win situation.

I understand the points being made on both sides, and I can see some merit in both. The question I still have - and it's not original, other people have already raised it - is; what about the people who showed up on the appointed day, in some cases making real-world sacrifices to do so, and expended a lot of effort to plant their totem in spite of all the frustration? How can it be fair if that counts for nothing?

It seems to me that if the recovered data from the day of The Great Land Grab unambiguously validates a claim to a site, the effort expended to claim that site demands that claim be honored. 'Well there's some confusion with regard to other sites,' isn't a legitimate reason to invalidate the claims that aren't ambiguous.

For the claims that are ambiguous... Well, that's where it's a no-win. If you grant the claim to one over the other, someone's going to be happy and someone's going to be mad. If you throw out both claims, two people are going to be mad.

At this point, I would say that if you've filed a claim to a plot of land and that claim is invalidated, the developers - who, let's be frank, caused this problem, albeit unintentionally - need to take some thought about a little compensation for the disappointed claimant.
    But see that in itself was/is the problem. What about those same tribes that spent countless hours to trying to gain a spot but was unable to, even after placing multiple totems down? Is it fair that those same tribes not get the spot they where they did indeed place a totem? Believe it or not, I'm advocating for the tribes that went through those frustrations but may not have gotten their ideal spot DUE TO LAG. If the lag was that bad, then no totem should be legit and we should just wipe.

Btw your thoughts of "those who get screwed now should get a chance later to pick a new spot out of the expanded lands" is an interesting compromise now but will lead to problems at that time. In fact it will basically be this same argument.

edited last bit for better clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    If the lag was that bad, then no totem should be legit and we should just wipe.
    And everyone who subscribed to the game after 3:00pm PST on Feb 18th should not have game access until 3 hours after the new restart. They weren't there at the beginning, they shouldn't be there intially at the re-start.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    And everyone who subscribed to the game after 3:00pm PST on Feb 18th should not have game access until 3 hours after the new restart. They weren't there at the beginning, they shouldn't be there intially at the re-start.
    I think 1 hour is more fair because by then everybody had chance to get there spot.

EDIT:

But as a thought these last few days has been wipe after wipe after wipe. So though they weren't there for the first launch they should get some sort of chance since they spent the same 40 bucks for a pre-released game as everybody else. Still if they added a small timer till they could play I would find it fair non-the-less.

I think 1 hour is more fair because by then everybody had chance to get there spot.
    You're assuming there's going to be a flawless re-start. Not sure I would place money on that.

But see that in itself was/is the problem. What about those same tribes that spent countless hours to trying to gain a spot but was unable to, even after placing multiple totems down? Is it fair that those same tribes not get the spot they where they did indeed place a totem? Believe it or not, I'm advocating for the tribes that went through those frustrations but may not have gotten their ideal spot DUE TO LAG. If the lag was that bad, then no totem should be legit and we should just wipe.
    Did those people follow the instructions given from that day to contact the guides? If so, then yes they should too.

I like this. And the tribe I am in got our spot, so I am unbiased.

Tbh, there are tons of good spots, so tribes should really have backup locations if their first choice is gone.

* Edit *

"This" being people who registered before the 18th having a few hours before those who bought the game later, to be able to drop their totem upon the new release.