Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    (snip)
    the fact that armour seems to make 0% diffrence is a joke.

I'd like to see when you press "C" for combat mode that it instantly puts you in first person view..

you should have an advantage if you hit someone in their back. currently it doesn't matter where you hit someone the damage modifier is the same.

unarmed combat is extremely op.
    These are all excellent points. I am perfectly willing to bide my time for months waiting for combat to be addressed. An occasional word from the devs that these things are being worked on, however, is highly appreciated.

All I can say is welcome to Indy game development. if were lucky in a few years we look back and think holy crap how did we survive that! if unlucky we think such a shame the game had huge promise.

It will take a year or so before you can come in as a new player and think OMG why dint i play this before! until that time the game will see loads of bugs in basic game play. this game is doing what no game has managed before it pushes the boundary's of known game design. it will make mistakes by adding features that work better on paper then actually in game. being part of this is part of the adventure itself.

So yea, people exploit backpacks atm, its a known exploit and will be fixed, pre-order weapons are soul bound so no you cant take it. not able to loot in water is a bug/exploit as well, it will be fixed as soon as possible, but you as small time indy supporter will have to realize that some bugs will be fixed before others or even completely ignored in favor of new features until the "as soon as possible" time to fix it has arrived.

A lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread (the armor in particular) are basic elements of a video game though, and they are currently missing. I think that's why people are a little worried. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    A lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread (the armor in particular) are basic elements of a video game though, and they are currently missing. I think that's why people are a little worried. hehe
    Armor means nothing until combat is fixed. Armor is in fact under combat as a subset. For without combat, one need not care about how much defense anything provides.

Combat fixes will encompass weapons and armor alike as well as the actual combat gameplay.

So when I saw "combat isn't finallized" I included armor and weapon use into the mix. Worried, I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Armor means nothing until combat is fixed.
    ? It's not broke, it's just not what he envisioned it to be. Combat still works.

Armor not doing anything = broke. Broke bad.

Some guy/girl spends all morning crafting an elite set of bone armor then gets killed to a naked dude with a starting weapon = NOT good for the game....regardless of what build/state it's in. That derails everything, the purpose to craft, the purpose to fight. Why else play the game outside of sims building if crafting is worthless?

? It's not broke, it's just not what he envisioned it to be. Combat still works.

Armor not doing anything = broke. Broke bad.
    lol
    Combat needs to be fixed. Weapons and Armor are part of combat. I wouldn't put stats on combat gear if the gameplay of the combat system was already going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Combat needs to be fixed. Weapons and Armor are part of combat. I wouldn't put stats on combat gear if the gameplay of the combat system was already going to change.
    I agree, but you at least have to put something on it. You lose far too much value as a customer paying for your product if it's missing. People will leave. It's too standard of an option missing for a video game. And people leaving affects us all since this is a sandbox. We don't want anyone to leave.

I agree, but you at least have to put something on it. You lose far too much value as a customer paying for your product if it's missing. People will leave. It's too standard of an option missing for a video game. And people leaving affects us all since this is a sandbox. We don't want anyone to leave.
    Yes that's true. Well, the devs did say (obviously they don't want to give every bit away) that something like leather would at least protect for "stabbing" or "piercing" and that the weapons already had uses (not sure if it isn't turned on or what). So my thought was that a dagger doesn't have code for "stabbing weapon" yet, which would render the stabbing protection useless.

My thoughts are that while everyone is busy building their area, they'll be fixing that stuff. I just don't think anyone should worry too much until the 2 months of free play is over.

Gota agree here, even if its just a stupit add 25% on all armor dam reduction. it makes it worth to have and wear. it is doing someting then instead of just looks and giving a feeling you waisted time crafting someting nobody needs or wants (besites looks)

atm its a wana look cool thing you leave at camp when you go on the nude war campain

Xsyon has a planned feature list that would make the developer team of Vanguard faint. And that was a fairly sizeable team.

I keep on hearing about things that will only be available at launch, because they are currently "turned off" or "ready, but just not ingame". Reminds me a bit of Mortal Online tbh... there is no miracle patch, and never will be.

If you don't like the way Xsyon plays atm, I doubt you will be happy a month or two from now. Things are definitely not going to change overnight. They will most likely change slowly over the next 6 months.

As more features and systems are added, the process slows down, because the code base becomes more and more complicated and interrelated. Things that were working get broken, and the patch that fixes them breaks a totally different feature. Exploits will appear and need urgent fixing (temporarily halting work on everything else). That's the nature of the beast.