Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    To be able to try the game...

    You have to pre-order correct? Not a lot of information on that and a bit confused. Also, will there be a character wipe when the game is launched?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Hello Blum,

    Sorry for the long delay.

    yes you have to pre-order and there will be a character wipe.

    What are you confused about?

  3. #3
    NO Game should be Pay before Playing.

    I want to try it before I buy it. I never have nor ever will pre-order ANY game! That way you can avoid the "They paid for it, so if our game ends up folding at least we have their money." syndrome.

    That is all.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillen View Post
    NO Game should be Pay before Playing.

    I want to try it before I buy it. I never have nor ever will pre-order ANY game! That way you can avoid the "They paid for it, so if our game ends up folding at least we have their money." syndrome.

    That is all.
    Millions of people pre-order all kinds of games. Seriously, demanding to be able to play for free is pure drivel. Theres a multitude of YouTube videos at this point so theres no reason you can't get a good idea of what the game is like. If you can't afford to risk $40 maybe you should be out trying to make money instead of posting on forums for games you don't intend to play.

  5. #5
    Thousands of games have demos and trials in order to bring in customers and let them see if they like the game before trying it too. You might be able to risk $40, but some of us are more conscious of our dollars and don't throw them at things we might only play for five minutes. I only know this game from an article and it isn't a big company that I have played games from in the past, thus I am less likely to spend money on a 'risk'. My entertainment dollars are precious to me.

    I do hope the dev team considers a free trial/demo as that would be a way to help folks make their decisions.

  6. #6
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Hamburg, Ontario
    Posts
    22
    I can understand having a trail/demo, but not for a newly launched indy game. If they don't make money they can't fix and update the game. Also, if you put out a trial for an unfinished game, it will most likely make people not want to purchase it(even if they do fix all the problems later down the line.) People buying this game should be the people that understand that it's a work in progress and that they need the money to support it and move it further along in the process of making it a finished product. You should want to purchase it to support it and see it develop into the game that it should be. You may not get your moneys worth right off the bat, but if people continue to support it it will be worth it in the long run. Just my opinion.

  7. #7
    I understand your frustration jojo, and there was some talk about doing a trial release in the summer. Right now they are fighting some performance issues and I imagine that is going to be their primary focus for a good while..

    To bide your time until this summer.. here's some suggestions for mmos that I have just tried out and am having a lot of fun with and free to play

    Vindictus

    Lord of the Rings Online

    Dungeons and Dragons Online

  8. #8
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Hamburg, Ontario
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by saltcreep View Post
    I understand your frustration jojo, and there was some talk about doing a trial release in the summer. Right now they are fighting some performance issues and I imagine that is going to be their primary focus for a good while..

    To bide your time until this summer.. here's some suggestions for mmos that I have just tried out and am having a lot of fun with and free to play

    Vindictus

    Lord of the Rings Online

    Dungeons and Dragons Online

    Oh no, I don't have a problem. I'm fine with waiting till the payment system is up, and I'll buy it whether it's full of problems or not. I don't want a trial, I was just offering my opinion on trials to the ones that do.

    And I've played all those already. I've been waiting for a good sandbox like Xsyon, so I'll just wait.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jojotheduck View Post
    I can understand having a trail/demo, but not for a newly launched indy game. If they don't make money they can't fix and update the game. Also, if you put out a trial for an unfinished game, it will most likely make people not want to purchase it(even if they do fix all the problems later down the line.) People buying this game should be the people that understand that it's a work in progress and that they need the money to support it and move it further along in the process of making it a finished product. You should want to purchase it to support it and see it develop into the game that it should be. You may not get your moneys worth right off the bat, but if people continue to support it it will be worth it in the long run. Just my opinion.
    wow.... So many game developers do not listen to their player base so wanting to purchase the game to support it, in my experiences with games, has always failed. Open Beta for a week or so can't do anything but help IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    games already released Cctcowboy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •