Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Balanced crafting - Helps making good relationship

I have a Dream. I have a dream of the world,when one person can learn only few recipes...

I am leathercrafter. I can get starting recipes from other craftings. But i get no recipes, I have only 10 in each tree. I get them only in leathercraft. When I master my leathercrafting skill i get only 30 recipes. 5 basics, 2 sets of clothes, and 5 random.
    If this would happen, there will be economy. Toolcrafter will need other one to give him a screwdriver because he cant learn how to make it. etc.

What do you think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by DonMaj View Post
    I have a Dream. I have a dream of the world,when one person can learn only few recipes...

If this would happen, there will be economy. Toolcrafter will need other one to give him a screwdriver because he cant learn how to make it. etc.

What do you think about this?
    I would hate it. It would be my crafting nightmare. Too restrictive.

Maybe restrictive but it will bring an Trade to this game.

no, it just destroys the small group/solo player.

i have a feeling that trade will occur naturally when/if they start introducing localized / rare raw materials.

LIke if find an obsidian flow, and it's the only one in the world...annd it makes cool stuff...well that's a commodity that worth trading, hording or fighting over. Especially if i need something that i don't have access to in my immediate vicinity.

Well, yes and no. It will promote trade, but it will kill the game for a solo or, small group players. What if, for instance, you only spoke Potuguese? You log into the game expecting 99% of the population to not understand you, so you intend to play solo. Whoops, sorry, you can't do that! isn't going to go over well with a lot of people in that kind of situation.

On the other hand, learning every craft to its max is also wrong; every character will just end up being the same cookie-cutter in the end. Having a hard cap on the total skills is the only way to do it. For every point earned in one, once the cap is reached, points get removed from another. Yeah, this might seem familiar if you played UO. Even the natural decay they talk about in this game won't be enough to replace this kind of skill cap.

trade will happen regardless especially as the world expands and more technology is brought into the game.

No. You should have played in beta when we had a similar setup to this, imo it was really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    No. You should have played in beta when we had a similar setup to this, imo it was really lame.
    I can see that this game going to be a ghost game without players in 2 months time. No trade=everyone can get everything=no fun from playing

Quote Originally Posted by DonMaj View Post
    I can see that this game going to be a ghost game without players in 2 months time. No trade=everyone can get everything=no fun from playing

Your way , too restrictive = no players in 1 month because no-one can do jack shit , forces out solo players ( who make up a fair number of players especially in these type of games ) .

Way it is currently , everyone is happy , they can craft if they want , in 6 months , players still here "trying " to be master of all but ultimately failing against the skill soft cap system , but still having a blast doing it .
    Solo players are happily trudging round the borders , wheeling and dealing with various tribes , while trying to avoid losing everything to evil players .

Also , why would there be a toolcrafter , if he can't make " ALL " the tools , but instead needs someone to "loan " him a screwdriver ........ makes no sense .

yeah, there is a sense of having everything. Solo player get bored after less than month - They get everything and start to be godlike, Being god is boring.