Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

start season and resources?

I'm assuming the game will start in spring right?

also can we get a resource list, nothing specific that will ruin the surprise

like i already know we cant get diff metals,woods,cloths,scavenged items

but what about plants, land animals and birds and or fish?

will we be able to gather food from plants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luculus View Post
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
    Give a man a fishing pole....and he can kill bears with it.

Re:start season and resources?

animals: coyote, bear, mule deer, raccoon. Lots more to come though.

plants...no clue

Virtus wrote:
    animals: coyote, bear, mule deer, raccoon. Lots more to come though.

plants...no clue
    Are you saying those are the only animals in game atm? or are you saying those are the ones you know about due to your "connections" and the screenshots?

I also would love to get a brief overveiew of what types of resources will be available (being the BoC resource management Lector)

However I wouldnt count on getting any kind of detailed list of each material as Im sure many will have to be discovered i.e alloys, complex fabrics etc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'd like to see something like this too. As our characters are supposed to be the children of the survivors, shouldn't they at least have a basic knowledge of survival?
    "Video games are a conduit for the soul. They expand our lives, channel our imagination, test our skillz. Games exist as a channel for the boundless energy of people all over the world." -Largo, Megatokyo

Xsyon Citizen

i don't want to see any list.
    I just want to explore by myself for its an apocalytic world where the humans nearly all have forgotten due to the rift.
    Where is the fun when you get everything (or a lot) told before?

When in darkness or in doubt,
    run in circles, scream and shout.

Lardocrul wrote:
    I just want to explore by myself for its an apocalytic world where the humans nearly all have forgotten due to the rift.
    Agreed.

I personally would like to get into the game knowing nothing at all (in terms of resources, animals and so forth) and discovering them ourselves and being surprised what we manage to find for food and for construction of the tribe towns.

One tribe might discover a rare metal that the other tribe doesn't know about and might make their town stronger or whatnot.

Lardocrul wrote:
    Ya, I'm hoping they don't give too much away. They also shouldn't tell us when they've added new things to the game and let us discover them on our own.

Xsyon Citizen

and imagine the advantage a tribe has when it discovers some rare resources.
    May then there are rumours ingame one tribe has this advantage.
    What will your tribe do? Try to trade, spy the other tribe, attack them and torture the other players to discover their secret?
    There are so much more possibilities when you are unsure what has been already discovered.

When in darkness or in doubt,
    run in circles, scream and shout.

Lardocrul wrote:
    and imagine the advantage a tribe has when it discovers some rare resources.
    May then there are rumours ingame one tribe has this advantage.
    What will your tribe do? Try to trade, spy the other tribe, attack them and torture the other players to discover their secret?
    There are so much more possibilities when you are unsure what has been already discovered.
    It's a shame that everyone's going to post online guides for noobs to use for everything that's already been discovered. Well, it's most likely anyways.

yeh the guides will be annoying probably, although player made info is always better than dev made info. For example it was awesome to be using a player made world map in Wurm Online instead of just 'opening up the minimap'. It made me wonder about those original explorers who set out on a huge mission to define the worlds borders, and find every village to add on and stuff and recording roads. And the wiki was pretty much all player made I think too, so item descriptions and functionalities were all written by someone who discovered its use. I think this method of sharing information from players is awesome, and I don't see the problem with - for example - me creating a guide to tailoring after devoting alot of time to it, to help out fellow players. Although I would disagree with a 'how to become an instant pro' guide that takes advantages of all the minor balance issues and just sets you on a robot path of achievements to become highly skilled. i guess its a grey area, i just hope that I don't see COMPLETE GUIDE TO XSYON on any torrent sites.