Xsyon Citizen

Re:System Requirements?

no infos about that yet

When in darkness or in doubt,
    run in circles, scream and shout.

at the moment, just a really good imagination

I don't think it will take a monster of a computer to run.

Palo god wrote:
    I don't think it will take a monster of a computer to run.
    [img size=400]http://adsoftheworld.com/files/images/tech_monster_1.jpg[/img]

6. 03-21-2010, 08:26 PM

Any update on what it will be ? Do we get to play about with settings to Make it Ultra?

I'm not so sure what the requirements will be as the graphics look perfectly doable with a less than mid range computer but it also sounds like they'll be a ton of stuff going on behind the graphics wich could make our machines cry.
    Brum, brum.

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but someone else did mention something about view distance. The graphics may not look fantastic, but in a game like this viewing distance will be a major thing, and I believe that can be taxing. Of course, that's usually quite costomisable.

I wouldn't imaging there will be to much"going on in the background" (Unless I mistake your meaning). I think the server will need to be quite powerfull, but I agree with others, your avarage P4 with a decent 256mb card should handle it. Don't complain if it doesn't, I'm just having a guess ;P
    -Teotwauki

Click on the picture for more information on the Brotherhood of Change

Teotwauki wrote:
    I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but someone else did mention something about view distance. The graphics may not look fantastic, but in a game like this viewing distance will be a major thing, and I believe that can be taxing. Of course, that's usually quite costomisable.

I wouldn't imaging there will be to much"going on in the background" (Unless I mistake your meaning). I think the server will need to be quite powerfull, but I agree with others, your avarage P4 with a decent 256mb card should handle it. Don't complain if it doesn't, I'm just having a guess ;P
    I really hope that the view distance for trees is done well, so that I'm not running along and suddenly 60 trees pop into existance right infront of me.

And by "In the background" I mean all the calculations and what not that are going on inside the actual game. The only reason I thought of this was because Wurm can sometimes be a little heavy on the hardware and I put that down to the ability to morph the entire landscape
    Brum, brum.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the view distance. Especialy in Xsyon, you don't want to build on a nice defensible hill with a good view only to find 20 doods popping up at your gate.

When it comes to machine power though, I -think- most machines will be fine, it's normaly the graphics that are the issue, but like I said, I'm no expert.
    -Teotwauki

Click on the picture for more information on the Brotherhood of Change