Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

Ok guys lets be sensible.

They are an indy company.

They have less than 10 people - and a 16 year old is their most level headed forum admin.

They have no manpower to count the vote anyway - and we can't argue with whatever they say regardless.

I feel trolled by the obvious facts.

I also feel another ban incomming :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    If he sets up 2 servers now, one for war and one for more safety, I'm sure it will stay like that after Prelude...the safer server will get optional tribal war (probably with flagged for war system) while the other one will be free for all. He already said he would set up 2 servers like this after Prelude.

This way the players who like FFA war will stay on their server, while the more peaceful ones will get the option to choose.
    I agree with you Jadzia and i think its one of the better options right now. This way those that want true FFA pvp can play on there server and those of us that do not want that and want optional pvp can play on ours. This way he can cater to both sets of people and not have to cave to one of the other down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom316 View Post
    I agree with you Jadzia and i think its one of the better options right now. This way those that want true FFA pvp can play on there server and those of us that do not want that and want optional pvp can play on ours. This way he can cater to both sets of people and not have to cave to one of the other down the road.
    2 servers does not cater to both sets. It caters to one.

it does not matter they do not have the manpower to count 25k+votes anyway. It's hype.

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    it does not matter they do not have the manpower to count 25k+votes anyway. It's hype.
    25k+ votes, source or I call BS tbh

Quote Originally Posted by byrgar View Post
    25k+ votes, source or I call BS tbh
    Easy, count their invoice numbers....so call BS as much as u like. LOL.

I know right! Where are you guys pulling 25k clients from? lol

How do you know the invoice #is an auto incrementing seed that started with 0?

I think 2 servers for any reason is a horrible idea, whether it's location based or ruleset based. However you split the community, you're going to split the game right to the heart and kill it dead. I would seriously consider refunds for my 2 accounts if they do choose to go with 2 servers, it's unnecessary, unhelpful, and unwanted by me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Araceli View Post
    However you split the community, you're going to split the game right to the heart and kill it dead.
    This man gets it. This is not a carebear vs pvp argument. It is just how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Araceli View Post
    I think 2 servers for any reason is a horrible idea, whether it's location based or ruleset based. However you split the community, you're going to split the game right to the heart and kill it dead. I would seriously consider refunds for my 2 accounts if they do choose to go with 2 servers, it's unnecessary, unhelpful, and unwanted by me at least.
    If it's a technical issue, then would you still want a refund?

The more I dwell on this, the more I think it's a technical issue. Jordi's team is telling him, look, what we have in place now cannot handle this many clients. So he is putting the feelers out there to us seeing how we would respond to 2 servers. That's what I think.