Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

The very best book you ever read.

The very best movie you have ever seen.

There was conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    1. the thing is to be honest I havent read anything anywhere about pvp in Xyson at all other than from the community itself. Thats pretty piss poor 'advertising' given how much I have read about the game.

2. gamespot considers GTA series to be a sandbox. GTA is also listed as an example of a 'non-lineral game, on wikipedia when you do a wiki search on sandbox. I dont get myself too much involved in sandbox discussions given that the industry itself cant even get within 15,000 miles to what I consider a sandbox so on that I punt
    Apples to oranges man. There is a difference between Sandbox game and Sandbox MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Apples to oranges man. There is a difference between Sandbox game and Sandbox MMO.
    Like I said, I dont have conversations about sandbox when the industry considers GTA a sandbox, I dont give a F if its single player or not. That is one of the most lineral games I have ever played.

All I know is if I cant have my snowblower at login its not a sandbox!

Different sandboxes have different rules? I may want mine covered so the cats don't crap in it and someone else may not. Both are sandboxes, they just both have seperate rules. Which "sandox" do you prefer to play in?

"Can't we all just get along?"
    Rodney King

Quote Originally Posted by r4NGe View Post
    The very best book you ever read.

The very best movie you have ever seen.

There was conflict.
    Conflict as the undercurrent in almost every paragraph and bit of dialogue, actually. But then again, in my favorite books and movies, the underdogs always win, not the vast and wealthy conglomerates or the howling barbarian hordes of bloodthirsty, home invading, looting, pillaging bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Conflict as the undercurrent in almost every paragraph and bit of dialogue, actually. But then again, in my favorite books and movies, the underdogs always win, not the vast and wealthy conglomerates or the howling barbarian hordes of bloodthirsty, home invading, looting, pillaging bastards.
    it really just depends on where you decide to start and finish the story.

Having said that, competition is a reciepe for internal destruction so ...

im for ONE server; i want to EVE style this up. it SHOULDNT be hard i wouldnt think to divide the land up into 2-4 servers each covering half-quarter of the map like clusters in eve

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    im for ONE server; i want to EVE style this up. it SHOULDNT be hard i wouldnt think to divide the land up into 2-4 servers each covering half-quarter of the map like clusters in eve
    This is a viable option if processing power was the question - if it is then fine, if not (and I believe it's not with grid tech servers), then it's down to votes on PvP/PvE /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I don't think the complaints or wishes of the population is the issue. There are lag issues, and database issues, because there are more of us than anticipated.
    If this is the case. 2 servers. 1 Normal. 1 Chaos.

If it's not the case, 1 server, Normal.

I think everyone here can agree with that.

Stop arguing like a bunch of retards. Jordi has to sift thru all this mess to see any valid responses.

so...now the already small dev teams..gets divided, or has their already overtaxed attention divided, between two servers? You think you've waited long in the past for patches and updates...wait till they're servicing two crowds and servers.