Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MCS vs SCS and PKing

Hello everyone. First post here but I, along with a few friends and family have been lurking over the forums for the past few days. Never quite felt a need to post since most of my questions have been answered by reading the forums but a concern came to mind that I haven't found an answer to, and was wondering if anyone can answer.

The issue is regarding whether the game will have Multiple Character Servers (MCS) or Single Character Servers (SCS), and more importantly about the impact this decision will have on PVP and PKing.

The concern is that if it is MCS some players will simply create ALTs to specifically PK knowing that all they have to do to avoid any built-in negative consequences is log off and relog with another character.

Does anybody else believe that the decision to have MCS with this particular game design will result in negative consequences and ruin the game experience for many in the community?

Has this been discussed?

Please share your thoughts or any information provided by the Devs on this subject.

Re: MCS vs SCS and PKing

I have always believed that SCS is the way to go. It makes you responsible for and known for your actions.

Re:MCS vs SCS and PKing

Illmaculate wrote:
    It's being discussed in the thread below this one atm.

It seems there are several people who feel multiple characters servers would be a bad idea.

And a few who want to hide from their actions.
    Oh ok, I did glance over that thread when I initially came on this morning but reading the OPs post it mainly dealt with MCS vs tribe management and potential spying/loyalty.

I imagine it obvious that MCS would impact the game in a myriad of ways that could have negative consequences.

It would be nice if we could get a Dev to comment on this subject.

I really want to see SCS, it just seems like there's so much bother people can cause if they have MCS. Like a good tribe all having alts in an evil tribe so they can attack who they like and still keep their good tribe.
    Brum, brum.

Where does it say we can have alts?

r0ss0 wrote:
    I haven't seen anything saying so but the OP to the other thread started his post by matter of factly mentioning this ...

So my question is, will all three
    of your characters already be in the
    tribe that you joined?
    Sort of gives the foregone conclusion that there will be three characters per account.

I could be reading into it though.

Hope I am.

Scandal wrote:
    r0ss0 wrote:
    I haven't seen anything saying so but the OP to the other thread started his post by matter of factly mentioning this ...

tribe that you joined?
    Sort of gives the foregone conclusion that there will be three characters per account.

Hope I am.
    Not saying he is wrong but i havent seen this info , And its something none of my tribe members have discussed.. Perhaps someone will shed some light on it

r0ss0 wrote:
    Scandal wrote:
    r0ss0 wrote:

tribe that you joined?

Hope I am.
    Not saying he is wrong but i havent seen this info , And its something none of my tribe members have discussed.. Perhaps someone will shed some light on it
    Could be wishful thinking on his part.

I know I read somewhere were you have 3 characters and that they are for some secret feature or something like that. Don't quote me, I might be mixing this up with MO. But I member reading it somewhere, but cant find the post now.

EDIT: found it. Its a FAQ question someone has and submitted.

Q: How many characters will be allowed per account? In a system like this I personally feel like 1 is the way to go.

A: Right now there are 3 character slots. There's actually a good reason for this, but it's more for an upcoming 'secret' feature not currently on the feature list.

A: Right now there are 3 character slots. There's actually a good reason for this, but it's more for an upcoming 'secret' feature not currently on the feature list.
    ..and let the rampant speculation begin...NOW!

maybe it is for your "offspring" your character can have that you raise/build and then switch to if your character perm dies, which is another mysterious feature not completely revealed yet...

Maybe another thread, this one will get horribly off topic before long...