Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this game Heavly instanced or Seamless?

Like will our terraform land be open world or is it layered where you have village 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ect.
    I haven't seem them say it was but didn't see it noted that it was seamless either.

That info is a make or break for me if its instanced its gonna suck imo. It would feel like playing a dark age game using the City of Hero's engine.

Re:Is this game Heavly instanced or Seamless?

I'm guessing it will be seamless. But I won't be so bothered if new areas are in seperate instances
    Brum, brum.

it's an open seamless world

i was kinda wanting a quote and link to a dev saying somethig about it.

I don't know about the individual areas like Lake Tahoe - but the world as a whole won't be "seamless". Which makes me a sad carebear.

It sounds like the mist surrounding an area will be moved back when many new players join. What it will reveal is actually more of the same, simply to keep the area from getting too crowded. New areas will actually be located somewhere else entirely, like asia, africa and so on. If the gameplay is actually different in those new areas is unknown.

Initially, i thought the mist would reveal new areas over time, making the world "grow" while keeping it seamless - like, dangerous wastelands for advanced players, ruins of cities so you can investigate what actually happened to the world as we know it, and so on...

VowOfSilence wrote:
    I don't know about the individual areas like Lake Tahoe - but the world as a whole won't be "seamless". Which makes me a sad carebear.

It sounds like the mist surrounding an area will be moved back when many new players join. What it will reveal is actually more of the same, simply to keep the area from getting too crowded. New areas will actually be located somewhere else entirely, like asia, africa and so on. If the gameplay is actually different in those new areas is unknown.

Initially, i thought the mist would reveal new areas over time, making the world "grow" while keeping it seamless - like, dangerous wastelands for advanced players, ruins of cities so you can investigate what actually happened to the world as we know it, and so on...
    So the answer to "Is the game instanced or seamless" is "No." then? That's my impression from what I've read anyway. There will be zones, but probably no instances. I'm fine with that, by the way, but I hope there's some kind of indication that you are travelling when moving between areas, and not just a loading screen. Even just a huge map with an arrow progressing from one area to another (Indiana Jones style) is a huge improvement over a loading screen immersion wise.

the world for now is seamless.

VowOfSilence was talking about when areas are added like somewhere in India for example. I am unsure of how that will work.

Meaning the 2 regions in game will be Tahoe and India...not exactly a few feet apart :-P

VowOfSilence wrote:

Diffrent terrain, lost civilazations, new creatures that are native to the new lands, newly discovered lost technoligy. Doesn't sound all the same to me.

Virtus wrote:
    the world for now is seamless.

VowOfSilence was talking about when areas are added like somewhere in India for example. I am unsure of how that will work.

Meaning the 2 regions in game will be Tahoe and India...not exactly a few feet apart :-P
    Basically this^

The mist around lake Tahoe will be moved back as more players join the game, all of this area will be seamless and will reveal more of the surrounding lake Tahoe areas.

As far as new continents/countries no one except the devs know how that will work. However it has been said that entirely new areas will be added in Half-Yearly/Yearly expansions.

As Virtus said India and Lake Tahoe aren't exactly a skip, hop and a jump apart, so whether they will allow players to simply cross into a new "zone" that resembles a different part of the world" or the new areas will be instanced from the lake tahoe area is yet to be seen.

If they are instanced or even seamless it will be interesting to find out how we go to said new areas; will it be a simple teleporter or will we need to take ships/boats or even other transportation methods? and will these methods be player controlled or simply passive NPC controlled transport that the play can catch a lift on (kinda like WoW's blimps etc)?

Who knows...

Through Change we conquer!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My take on it was that each game environment would actually be modeled after a different place on earth.

The first server would be lake Tahoe, future ones would be in different places.

The mechanics for moving between them might not exist at all - though I don't expect that to be permanent even if true to start with.

In essence each server would be seamless, but each server would be located in a different place on earth, and only grow as the population on said server needs it to.

The whole Earth will never be seamless, if I'm grokking this right.