High LVL Weapons vs Starter Weapons

Ok, I'll post this here as it was a genuine question, and the "OMG NERF TEH PREORDER WEPONS!" thread doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it.

Has anyone compared with some testing the damage output of the preorder weapons against high level, top quality material crafted weapons? For all of the fuss, it seems like most people are basing this "overpowered OMG" opinion on junk quality lvl 30-40 armor and weapons (which should be junk), instead of top lvl high quality stuff (which should be better than the preorder stuff).

Any weapon smiths who have crafted all the way to the top know this? This would also apply to high quality armor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by djext2000 View Post
    Ok, I'll post this here as it was a genuine question, and the "OMG NERF TEH PREORDER WEPONS!" thread doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it.

Has anyone compared with some testing the damage output of the preorder weapons against high level, top quality material crafted weapons? For all of the fuss, it seems like most people are basing this "overpowered OMG" opinion on junk quality lvl 30-40 armor and weapons (which should be junk), instead of top lvl high quality stuff (which should be better than the preorder stuff).

Any weapon smiths who have crafted all the way to the top know this? This would also apply to high quality armor as well.
    Weapons don't have legit stats yet... I don't think. Armor definitely doesn't have pos. effects yet.

Seeing how the pre-order daggers swings as fast as every other pre-order weapon they might all be at a default dmg.

i beg to differ. My tribe tested out damages(albeit with crappy weapons(and a couple preorder wep hits)) on bone armor. The set was lacking 2 pieces and yet it still blocked about 1/3 of the damage. This isn't worth the effort getting the armor at the moment but there definitely is something there in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizure View Post
    i beg to differ. My tribe tested out damages(albeit with crappy weapons(and a couple preorder wep hits)) on bone armor. The set was lacking 2 pieces and yet it still blocked about 1/3 of the damage. This isn't worth the effort getting the armor at the moment but there definitely is something there in place.
    Very good to hear.
    1/3 block would matter on a large scale and give a slight edge on a 1 on 1.

Xsyon Citizen
    It gives a defenitive edge on 1 on 1 against a naked ! Some testing on grass armor would be nice to see if the difference is big enough to get this armor to an other one.

Which bone armor was used for the testing ?