Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How to have a political tribe argument in Xsyon

Hey guys. I'm sure you've all seen the new ToS. I'm not disagreeing with it with this thread but simply trying to figure out the process of political discussion in this new ruleset .

For example the following is strictly forbidden:

Rants, or posts, the purpose of which is merely to complain about a representative of Notorious Games, player, or player created organization.
    I this is going to severely limit what we're allowed to say but I'm sure as a community we can adapt.

I am personally going to be extremity passive aggressive. Perhaps after Tribe x logs one of the trees in my territory I'll take a picture of the stump and caption it with "This is my tree, Not your tree. Do not cut down what is not yours. Your mother would be very disappointed in you."

Have you guys got any ideas we can build on? After all in every other political pvp game PvP fuels animosity, animosity fuels political discussion and political discussion fuels PvP... only way to make this worth while.

Remove anything to do with things outside the game, such as personal references, website quotes, links etc that would break the TOS and stick to just discussing RELVENT, in game political topics would be a start. From what I have seen though some will find that harder to do then others.

That's not passive aggressive, that's just snitty.

However, it meets with my general approval.

Carry on.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

On a side note, I'm sorta cranky, but I love you all anyway!

to the point...to really get politics going, the forum is going to have to loosen up a little...not tighten up.

You want people getting mad. like shouting at the monitor mad. like i'm gonna go burn your pixels down mad. as long as the material was purely game related, this shouldn't be a problem. Should it?

it's hard to create political drama when folks are civil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.theburninghorde.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    to the point...to really get politics going, the forum is going to have to loosen up a little...not tighten up.

You want people getting mad. like shouting at the monitor mad. like i'm gonna go burn your pixels down mad. as long as the material was purely game related, this shouldn't be a problem. Should it?

it's hard to create political drama when folks are civil
    I promise you, it's not hard at all. Well, unless your target is as dumb as a fence post.
    It seems I've singed a troll or two too many with my trusty flamethrower, and now hark! The ban hammer hovereth. Troll me more, and I'll see it falls on your head and not on mine, by the power of the report post button.

Hu never watch the news? Good evil politics is done whit nice words. Since when do people even use politics in Xsyon? I have never seen a single thread in the politics section, just flaming and naming in the tribe area.

Provoking you do in game, by hunting , by stealing by being a bother. A I winzzz LolzZZ pwn you post can also be writen nicely. Check Eve politics section for some good exsamples. recap a battle, tell it in a not so true way , lie a little be smart.

Like when I defeated you yesterday, I could tell people that I beaten you and mate and took your pants in a two to one battle instead of the real story, me beating you while you were gathering cloths sneaking in before you could react stealing your pants and lauching at you.

Do this on a tribe vs tribe scale and people will react to it , besites that, word only go sofar, actions ingame are the thing that counts.

if done right the forum politik transcends the game and becomes a game unto itself...the game drives the forum, the forum drives the game. it works best if conflict is fanned from both sides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.theburninghorde.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    if done right the forum politik transcends the game and becomes a game unto itself...the game drives the forum, the forum drives the game. it works best if conflict is fanned from both sides.
    When everything stabilizes and the game is rarely offline, I will only wander into this forum looking for info on whatever I couldn't figure out for myself in game. I suspect most will do the same.

Xsyon Citizen
    Maybe it would be a good idea for a political RP forum to be started so that all political talk can be discussed in there. It isnt too difficult to have a discussion without resorting to flaming/ranting/personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    Maybe it would be a good idea for a political RP forum to be started so that all political talk can be discussed in there. It isnt too difficult to have a discussion without resorting to flaming/ranting/personal attacks.
    There is a politics forum section already just never used.. http://www.xsyon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/8-Politics