Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two Servers Colliding! Oh no!

I don't know if this would be possible, but how cool would it be if the game released with two servers that were both different parts of the world, then in one of the future expansions they mashed the two servers.

It would be us like discovering new areas and see how the other side advanced. Then the cultures and technologies could combine. Think of how cool it would be that in an expansion they collided the two servers then we got to 'discover' the other culture/land/technologies of the other people and if one side was totally not keeping up with the other side, it may turn into a genocide.

The only thing is people leaking information about the other side. Which would make all of this mute.
    I promise that if I could show you, you would never leave it.

Re:Two Servers Colliding! Oh no!

I think random people unfamiliar with the game, and the general blogging community would start screaming server merge=death of game.

Neat idea, but Iíd rather have everything already connected. I donít really like artificial barriers in games.

Palo god wrote:
    Neat idea, but Iíd rather have everything already connected. I donít really like artificial barriers in games.
    It would be about the same as if the areas were surrounded by a huge ocean or something... it would take time for the civilizations to evolve to the point of long distance seafaring/exploration.

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Leiros wrote:
    Palo god wrote:
    It would be about the same as if the areas were surrounded by a huge ocean or something... it would take time for the civilizations to evolve to the point of long distance seafaring/exploration.
    Or they could have the servers already connected but make it difficult to cross into the new servers/areas if they're across large bodies of water(you would need advanced ships like you said). The best of both worlds.

Palo god wrote:
    Leiros wrote:
    Palo god wrote:
    Or they could have the servers already connected but make it difficult to cross into the new servers/areas if they're across large bodies of water(you would need advanced ships like you said). The best of both worlds.
    Thats actually a pretty cool idea. I suspect that will be how they will handle the adding of new cultures/countries.

However allowing users to start off on one of two different areas is not a good idea IMO. Id prefer have the new areas empty and players be able to go across to new areas when boats etc are discovered.

Theres really no reason behind my preference of this, I;d just like it better. Both ideas are cool. Seem like Xsyon devs will most likely have new areas empty and have existing players move into them though.

Sorry for the ridiculously set out post, im so tired atm its crazy.

Though conquer we Change! or something like that...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The two servers could be on different tectonic plate, and as time progresses the plates shift to each other and the servers become one

Probably needs too much time tough

Heres something that would be cool. Based off the same idea. Basically have about 25 smallish island that fit about 25 people. In the center of all those islands have one GIGANTIC mainland that can be seen from every island. each island needs to work together to get a ship built, and sail to the mainland where they will settle permanently.

Wouldn't work into the games setting unfortunately, but it would be pretty cool

Forgot to mention the waters infested with wild bear and tribe tribesmen which will tear you to shreds in an instant.

I never knew that wild bear were an aquatic animal. I guess sharks are so passť these days.

I never knew that wild bear were an aquatic animal. I guess sharks are so passť these days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSWa8DZEy84Lily wrote:

Behold! The aquatic bear... I guess there really was something to that whole "global warming" thing...

By whicker at 2010-04-12