Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Game Will Launch As SCS," Notorious Games Team.

There is some confusion among the forum community regarding MCS vs SCS and the impact it could have on the game. My specific concern is regarding whether the game will have Multiple Character Servers (MCS) or Single Character Servers (SCS), and more importantly about the impact this decision will have on PVP and PKing. The concern is that if it is MCS some players will simply create ALTs to specifically PK knowing that all they have to do to avoid any built-in negative consequences is log off and relog with another character. Do the Devs agree that the decision to have MCS with this particular game design will result in negative consequences and ruin the game experience for many in the community? Thank you.

Hello Jalen,

We've been taking into account this discussion. Most likely the Prelude will launch with one character per account. The game is intended to have PVP, but not as it's primary focus and it shouldn't encourage PKing or griefing.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

Thanks,

The Notorious Games Team

Re: "Game Will Launch As SCS," Notorious Games Team.

Good to know, thanks guys.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Re:

Dominus wrote:
    Yea, I like it.

I don't know about the game, but I am loving this Dev Team and the community this game is building.

Re:

Scandal wrote:
    Dominus wrote:
    Yea, I like it.

I don't know about the game, but I am loving this Dev Team and the community this game is building.
    with the exception of a certain few who only want to grief/pk, i agree with you.

Re:"Game Will Launch As SCS," Notorious Games Team.

SCS is the way to go IMO. But Xsyon insists they got some cool feature they havent yet announced that involves the players being able to have 3 characters per server so i guess it will change some time after release.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

^I don't think it's 3 characters, but rather copies or offspring of the first one.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Awesome
    This should be very good.

Something I thought about when thinking of MCS for Xsyon is perhaps if you have more than one character then you will have boosted skil decay on all of them? Could be too much but I'd rather it be SCS anyway
    Brum, brum.

Re:

The game is intended to have PVP, but not as it's primary focus ...
    Although this is probably known to most of us, I think this cannot be stressed often enough.

Re:

SCS + softcap (no skillcap, skill decay over time when not used) = WIN imho.

Re:

Kuroi wrote:
    SCS + softcap (no skillcap, skill decay over time when not used) = WIN imho.
    Agree'd, things are getting epic.
    Brum, brum.