Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99
  1. #1

    Homesteads, like a plague of locusts

    It's getting to be ridiculous, with single homesteads spread all over the map blocking huge zones of land from tribal use.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jumper45 View Post
    It's getting to be ridiculous, with single homsteads spread all over the map blocking huge zones of land from tribal use.
    No worries, just kill the homesteaders & take all their stuff.

    Oh...wait...nvm... >.>

  3. #3
    Exactly. Homesteads are a problem. One homestead can block a tribe for 280m in every direction. I have a couple solutions to this. A. Designate areas for tribe use/ homestead use only. As well as shared areas. B. Allow tribes to overlap a homesteads land C. Dont allow homesteads to be placed for the first few hours of game time. D. Allow totems to be destroyed, even if the people inside are in a safe zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jumper45 View Post
    It's getting to be ridiculous, with single homesteads spread all over the map blocking huge zones of land from tribal use.
    You do know that a lot of players are jsut messing with totems instead of reforming their tribes after every wipe etc ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Exactly. Homesteads are a problem. One homestead can block a tribe for 280m in every direction. I have a couple solutions to this. A. Designate areas for tribe use/ homestead use only. As well as shared areas. B. Allow tribes to overlap a homesteads land C. Dont allow homesteads to be placed for the first few hours of game time. D. Allow totems to be destroyed, even if the people inside are in a safe zone.
    Let me see :-

    A) No , because all you would get is a headache for the devs from people " crying " cause their spot is reserved for a homestead when they wanted ot place a tribe , and vice versa .

    Get to the spot first is a simple solution

    B) No , Why should Tribe land overlap homesteads ? , if that's allowed , then Homesteads should be able to come in and plant in the middle of your tribal zone and be safe .

    C) No , everyone should have the same rights to place at the very start of the game , Everyone paid the same amount to play .

    D) Again No , because a tribe / homesteader can NOT be only 24/7 to stop the totem being destroyed .
    Trying everything for now .

    Life is just a game

  5. #5
    I agree, there was a homestead about 200m away, and we couldn't place our tribe totem because of it.

  6. 03-02-2011, 01:29 PM

  7. #6
    What I'd like to know is what happens to a Homestead totem once the owner stops playing ?

    Is there an inactivity timer ? Or does that totem block everyone for the next 6 months ?

    As with all MMO's, there's usually a drop-off in population after the free playtime is over. How will the game rules deal with the inevitable abandoned Homesteads and even tribe totems ?

  8. #7
    Xsyon Citizen NexAnima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    164
    Homestead only have a radius of 50m. My current homestead sits right on the border of the edge of anothers homestead. As in the minute i leave my land I enter his. Homesteads do not block land up to 280m or 200m for that matter.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    You are so arrogant and close-minded. It takes ONE PERSON an INSTANT to place a homestead and block a tribe for 280m in every direction. You think its "fair" that a tribe has to gather 5 people into their tribe?

    By all your arguments, you believe homesteads are perfect, there is no problem with them, and if a tribe cant gather 5 members before a single person can place a totem, than its fair.

    Just shut up and stay out of this discussion, you arent adding anything to it. Youre just claiming that a broken system works, and that homesteads dont have any flaws.



    No, 1 person does not have the same rights as 5+ people. No, 1 person did not pay the same amount as 5+ people.

    Right, it's that hard to form your 5 members on the run .. of course , i forgot that things like " voice comms " don't exist at all .

    You do know that you can " click " things on the run , and type in tribe name etc , you don't " have to stand like a cabbage " at the start .......

    Oh , and if i feel like joining in i will thanks .

    Your basically trying to just give Tribes all the advantages , your idea was not making it fair to all by a long shot .

    Oh, and yes that 1 person does have the same rights . Your 5 are " Choosing " to group together , no-one is making them .
    Trying everything for now .

    Life is just a game

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Homestead only have a radius of 50m. My current homestead sits right on the border of the edge of anothers homestead. As in the minute i leave my land I enter his. Homesteads do not block land up to 280m or 200m for that matter.
    Key words are homestead/homestead. Im talking about homestead/tribe. When you plant a tribe totem, you HAVE to have the radius of 250m clear from any other claimed land. Because that is the maximum, and it has to be reserved.

    Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    Right, it's that hard to form your 5 members on the run .. of course , i forgot that things like " voice comms " don't exist at all .

    You do know that you can " click " things on the run , and type in tribe name etc , you don't " have to stand like a cabbage " at the start .......

    Oh , and if i feel like joining in i will thanks .

    Your basically trying to just give Tribes all the advantages , your idea was not making it fair to all by a long shot .

    Oh, and yes that 1 person does have the same rights . Your 5 are " Choosing " to group together , no-one is making them .
    Yes! I do want to give tribes advantages. Want to know why? They have multitudes of more people than any homestead will ever have. They pay more money, as a whole, and usually pay longer than any solo player ever does. There are no NPCs, no pre-made towns, no nothing, and its all up to TRIBES to rebuild this world. So, you entitle yourself with "same rights" but while most tribes are creating cities for people to live in, youre going to be up in the mountains crying that you dont have the land for your cows to roam on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Key words are homestead/homestead. Im talking about homestead/tribe. When you plant a tribe totem, you HAVE to have the radius of 250m clear from any other claimed land. Because that is the maximum, and it has to be reserved.
    and how is that the homesteads fault??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •