Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangei View Post
    In real life you wouldnt be able to set magical permissions to a basket... conclusion this isnt real life
    In reality people have consequences for their actions. As this is not real life, check and balance systems need to be put in place. Add permadeath and I would support complete free for all PVP.

How about the ability to craft and place traps, sort of like mechanical land mines, only when you step on one, you take damage, but it doesnt kill you.
    or

Maybe tame peacocks to warn you of intruders. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Archangei View Post
    In real life you wouldnt be able to set magical permissions to a basket... conclusion this isnt real life
    In real life you wouldn't have "Devils and angels vie for control of their earthly battlefield" (Homepage).

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    In real life you wouldn't have "Devils and angels vie for control of their earthly battlefield" (Homepage).
    Don't say that in some circles IRL, there might be some disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Don't say that in some circles IRL, there might be some disagreement.
    I used to be part of one of the most fanatic religions (Jehovah's Witnesses) and I feel confident to claim that it's BS. But that's not really the point of this thread.

Anyway, back on topic. I have a suggestion in the tweaks and suggestions page that outlines a way that I think the game could be balanced to have both safezones and non-safezones and I even provide a way that it'd fit with the in-game lore. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a trained chemist and educator (though, I'll admit I'm not the most experienced in either since I'm 23), so I do have an analytical mind. I think what I suggest in my thread is a decent comprimise.

Yeah, the huge safe zone is kinda carebear and non-open world/sandbox....

I think there should be no safe zones (or if there are safe zones, maybe just your house)

Please fix the safe zone stuff and remove it or make it only so its your house etc...

Explain to me, please, how INCREASING a player's choice in how they want to play makes a game LESS sandbox. Please, explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Explain to me, please, how INCREASING a player's choice in how they want to play makes a game LESS sandbox. Please, explain this.
    because the players should make the world, and restrictions make it harder to do certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubalay View Post
    because the players should make the world, and restrictions make it harder to do certain things.
    I will agree with you on the day when lockable gates will be implemented. We need tools to make the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubalay View Post
    I do not disagree with this. But I think that players hould be given the choice of whether they want to make the world or just chill in safety. I know one game that is just like that and it's pretty much the most sandboxy sandbox out there.

Sandbox is about choice. It's not about having "no restrictions."