Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Homestead's are not the problem

    It's NOT in favor of the single homesteader now. Before the homestead's came out there were only totems. The old totem controlled x amount of space no matter if solo or tribe. Tribes whined and whined so homesteads were created for the solo'ers. Now tribes AND the PKr's are complaining about the small safe area that homesteaders are stuck with. Since the whiners (Tribes AND PVP'rs) are getting their way for everything just do away with the starting solo player - force everyone into tribes from the start when they spawn in the starting area's. The land held by NPC tribes would control a good chunk of land around the spawn points. The tribes and the solo'ers could leave the spawn area after 24 hours had passed.

    Of course the map would need to be changed a little to include resources that players could use such as junk piles and tree's.

    A starting npc tribe would prevent the stealing of starting tools shortly after spawning. Some solo'ers may never want to leave the npc tribe.

    The starting area would be good spots to place 'Helpfull NPC's'.
    GrayEagle
    GrayBear


  2. #2
    What you suggest is all fine and dandy except for one thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    NPC tribes ...A starting npc tribe...place 'Helpfull NPC's'.
    NO NPC'S!

  3. #3
    While i agree with you that homesteads are not the problem (its whining elitist tribes people) i dont agree that we should have npc tribes. i see the idea, like from eve, but im not sure its suitable for this game.

  4. #4
    Xsyon Citizen NexAnima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizure View Post
    What you suggest is all fine and dandy except for one thing...

    NO NPC'S!
    Why not? I don't see this affecting anyones playstyle that doesn't want to use this service. No one has said anything about Npc quests, so this shouldn't even be considered a valid argument against Npcs.

    Edit:In fact this may bring more players with different playstyles to xsyon. At the most I see this idea as a buffer for the learning curve.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Why not? I don't see this affecting anyones playstyle that doesn't want to use this service. No one has said anything about Npc quests, so this shouldn't even be considered a valid argument against Npcs.

    Edit:In fact this may bring more players with different playstyles to xsyon. At the most I see this idea as a buffer for the learning curve.
    I think you completely missed his point.... the fact that there are NO NPCs in the game. How can there be an NPC trbe, when NPCs dont even exist in the game? Everything is player driven, eventually that also includes quests.

  6. #6
    Xsyon Citizen NexAnima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    I think you completely missed his point.... the fact that there are NO NPCs in the game. How can there be an NPC trbe, when NPCs dont even exist in the game? Everything is player driven, eventually that also includes quests.
    I would like to see starter towns with NPCs giving a quick non detailed tutorial on how basic life works in Xsyon. No quest to complete but simple explanations given when talked to. NPCs are not the source of "teh evils" its all how you use them. Being player driven doesn't make everything better. Not an argument, just sayin...

  7. #7
    Id like to see baskets that can be named before any npc anything

  8. #8
    I need a few NPC mercenaires to escort me to my intended area so some asshat does not gank me on the way for my tools...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper66 View Post
    I need a few NPC mercenaires to escort me to my intended area so some asshat does not gank me on the way for my tools...
    Tame some zombies.... whenever there is taming.

  10. #10
    Congratulations, you just re-invented Real vs Realm!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •