Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    It's been proven many times over... Given the ability, players will abuse and expoit to get an edge and internet anonymity creates adolescent tough guys. Time will tell won't it.
    If im understanding your comments right, youre basically complaining that people playing the game, as intended, and using mechanics in the game which ar eintended, such as being able to steal from other tribes.... theyre douchebags? And because you feel theyre douchebags for playing a different way than you, youre also equating what i said about playing the game as intended with "exploiting" and "adolescent tough guys".

I think someone needs a virtual hug.

It's been proven many times over... Given the ability, players will abuse and expoit to get an edge and internet anonymity creates adolescent tough guys. Time will tell won't it.
    If someone is a douchebag they're going to be a douchebag regardless of whether or not the prelude is over or not..

Safeholds isn't going to change that, they'll just find a different way of being a douchebag.

I assume you are referring to the post about the conversation with the Devs/Guides that someone posted. They have left it to their discretion on what is griefing . . for better or worse. I would think if the player kept coming back knowing you would "get in trouble" for killing him repeatedly then he would actually be the one griefing and I am sure the guides would look at it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    I assume you are referring to the post about the conversation with the Devs/Guides that someone posted. They have left it to their discretion on what is griefing . . for better or worse. I would think if the player kept coming back knowing you would "get in trouble" for killing him repeatedly then he would actually be the one griefing and I am sure the guides would look at it as such.
    Thank god someone has some common sense. Griefing is not strictly limited to killing another player, and especially not in every situation. If a player is encroaching on your tribal territory, you have the right to defend your land & items. Doesnt matte rif they take anything or not, if i feel like it i could drop everyone who even sets fit on my land as they would be considered trespassers, and there is no way they could claim i was doing anything wrong as i am not going anywhere to do anything to them.

If someone is stupid enough to keep coming back to your land and not expect t get killed after you did it the first time or 2, its their own fault. In fact if it were up to me, anyone found to be purposely entering other peoples land to get killed repeatedly and then try to report them as griefers to get them punished, should themselves be banned.

Doesn't sound unreasonable. I would hope douches are treated as such and am confident they will be. This game will be the one that spanks the bad kids to make them understand. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Doesn't sound unreasonable. I would hope douches are treated as such and am confident they will be. This game will be the one that spanks the bad kids to make them understand. Finally.
    pfft, those people probably deserved to be griefed.

So very true, this kind of stuff happened very little 15 years ago, now you can almost guarantee that this crowd moves in and destroys a game then moves on to the next one, we can only hope that this crowd doesn't stay long enough here to do permanent damage

8. 03-03-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    If im understanding your comments right, youre basically complaining that people playing the game, as intended, and using mechanics in the game which ar eintended, such as being able to steal from other tribes.... theyre douchebags? And because you feel theyre douchebags for playing a different way than you, youre also equating what i said about playing the game as intended with "exploiting" and "adolescent tough guys".

I think someone needs a virtual hug.
    I guess your not understanding my comment properly. I must have forgotten the post I made saying playing the game as intended equals exploiting. Oh wait, I didn't post that. By adolescent tough guys and douchebags, well...we can all see who I'm talking about.

10. 03-04-2011, 04:57 AM

11. 03-04-2011, 05:06 AM

12. 03-04-2011, 05:12 AM

the game doesnt have a combat engine yet. Exactly how long do people think it takes to build a combat engine for an MMO? If a few months then I need to get in on that racket!

14. 03-04-2011, 06:38 AM

I guess your not understanding my comment properly. I must have forgotten the post I made saying playing the game as intended equals exploiting. Oh wait, I didn't post that. By adolescent tough guys and douchebags, well...we can all see who I'm talking about.
    I think its very clear too... the guy calling everyone else a douchebag for playing the game the way they want because its not the same way they play.

You responded earlier in the thread to someone who pointed out attacking someone on your own land and them not ebing able to attack back. You sai dit is a necessary evil because people will be douchebags, even moreso once Prelude ends (as in, once safezones are removed). So yes, youre calling other for being douchebags for attacking other tribes/players once safezones are removed.... aka PLAYING THE GAME AS INTENDED. Someone called you chicken little, and you replied back with your own assumptions, apparently based on your massive inexperience with MMOs, that people will abuse & exploit if given the chance.

Now, combine the 2 posts you made. In 1 you basically said people are douchebags if they attack other people's land. And the next when someone called you chicken little for saying that, you replied back about abusing & exploiting.

Attacking / stealing from other peoples land is an intended feature/mechanic of the game, and youre lumping that right in with people being douchebags and being exploiters.