Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tribe participation should be an option

I think that being part of a tribe should be more of an option in this game and act as like guilds do in other games. The reason I say this is that this game sounds very fun to me and I can't wait to play, but I tend to solo games when I play. I'm not a very online sociable person and I would like the ability to just go off on my own and sort of play my own way.

I think I would be much more apt to playing this game if it appealed more to solo adventurers. I'm not judging too much, as the game is not out yet, but it seems that this game is going to force players to form little societies and that is not my playing style. I am sure that this will turn a lot of players like me away as well, but I will give it a try none the less. Please tell me what you all think.

Looking for more free-spirited adventurers! Contact any NoX member or post to our recruitment thread.
    -Explore our backyard solo or with friends!

Xsyon Citizen

Re:Tribe participation should be an option

i think, most of the time, you will be a dead man.
    This game contains free pvp and a single player without protection is only a hunting deer.
    Xsyon is a postapocalyptic game in which the civilization has to be built up again and as a solo-player you won't have any chance.

When in darkness or in doubt,
    run in circles, scream and shout.

sisler86 wrote:
    I think that being part of a tribe should be more of an option in this game and act as like guilds do in other games. The reason I say this is that this game sounds very fun to me and I can't wait to play, but I tend to solo games when I play. I'm not a very online sociable person and I would like the ability to just go off on my own and sort of play my own way.

I think I would be much more apt to playing this game if it appealed more to solo adventurers. I'm not judging too much, as the game is not out yet, but it seems that this game is going to force players to form little societies and that is not my playing style. I am sure that this will turn a lot of players like me away as well, but I will give it a try none the less. Please tell me what you all think.
    I'll let the devs answer that for you but on a matter of personal opinion, I do understand what you mean.

In most games, I play mostly solo for certain reasons but let's leave it at that. There are players like yourself who would rather be without a group for whatever reasons they may have.

It would be interesting to see if the devs will allow tribe-formed villages/towns to have a section of the town for outsider's use. Such as a non-tribed player seeking refuge to camp or to sell wares found or crafted or provide other services that the tribe and its allies can subscribe to. However, it also brings a multitude of potential dangers to the hosting tribe.

If a tribe is big enough, non-tribe players would also find themselves to be at a disadvantage because whatever skills and service he/she has, the tribe may have members who has the same skills as the non-tribed player.

This is all purely speculation but my impression of the purpose of Prelude was to allow a limited number of people to build up the in game environment so when the actual release happened there would be a social structure (towns etc) that the general populace could congregate to (i.e. the prelude people are in effect creating the "starter towns").

Given the level of detail on the feature list I would be very surprised if tribes weren't able to set their towns as being "open" to anyone.

I think too many people are assuming that this game is going to be focused on PvP and I do not believe it will be the case. I think although PvP will exist, it will be a smaller part of the gameplay and possibly even discouraged considering the amount of drawbacks to fighting another player they have mentioned. I don't think the devs want this to be another Darkfall, I think they are going more towards the survival/sim approach, but that is just how I personally see it.

A large part of the MMORPG community consists of solo players. I feel that there are too many people like me out there who prefer not to play with groups to ignore the solo aspects of the game. They could do it, but will they? That's the question I am asking.

Looking for more free-spirited adventurers! Contact any NoX member or post to our recruitment thread.

Simsu said:

This is all purely speculation but my impression of the purpose of Prelude was to allow a limited number of people to build up the in game environment so when the actual release happened there would be a social structure (towns etc) that the general populace could congregate to (i.e. the prelude people are in effect creating the "starter towns").

Given the level of detail on the feature list I would be very surprised if tribes weren't able to set their towns as being "open" to anyone.

That may be the case, but by the way they have stated that when you start, you are assigned to a tribe, it just sounds more forced. Plus, I'm not necessarily interested in joining a tribe. I would rather just be able to survive out on my own, fighting bears and building my little shanty, Hatchet style, lol

Also, just to clear something up for ya. Prelude is the name of the first chapter of the game, not just the early release. It's like a subtitle. When the game officially launches, it will still be called prelude until the first free expansion. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Xsyon Citizen

In other mmorpgs i am usually a solo-player too, but here you will have severe disadvantages as solo-player. Some skills or recipes you can only learn from other players.
    Settling outside a village (if possible at all) is extremely dangerous.
    There are player made quests, but maybe someone outside a tribe is not able to get them.
    As mentioned before, i am normally a solo-player too but in Xsyon it would be stupid to do so.

When in darkness or in doubt,
    run in circles, scream and shout.

Lardocrul wrote:
    In other mmorpgs i am usually a solo-player too, but here you will have severe disadvantages as solo-player. Some skills or recipes you can only learn from other players.
    Settling outside a village (if possible at all) is extremely dangerous.
    There are player made quests, but maybe someone outside a tribe is not able to get them.
    As mentioned before, i am normally a solo-player too but in Xsyon it would be stupid to do so.
    I agree, but that is also my point. As I said, there are many solo gamers out there that this game concept will appeal to, but will be driven away by being forced to join tribes. I'm just saying that I think this may hurt sales or popularity and not sit well with some. I'm still going to give the game a try, and who knows? I may end up loving it, but I just don't want to feel obligated to take time out of my day to play a game because the "tribe" expects me to participate in something. I like playing at my pace, bot other people's.

I think that living solo should have some survival advantages, like pathfinding, tracking, camouflage... You wouldn,t expect a city guy survive long in the wilderness, would You?

sisler86 wrote:
    That may be the case, but by the way they have stated that when you start, you are assigned to a tribe, it just sounds more forced. Plus, I'm not necessarily interested in joining a tribe. I would rather just be able to survive out on my own, fighting bears and building my little shanty, Hatchet style, lol

Also, just to clear something up for ya. Prelude is the name of the first chapter of the game, not just the early release. It's like a subtitle. When the game officially launches, it will still be called prelude until the first free expansion. At least, that's the way I understand it.
    My understanding was that there would be close starting spawn locations so people could get together with each other if they want (and then some far off ones as well). I know you're not going to be happy until a dev answers you but given everything else I would be amazed if you are forced to be in a tribe.

P.S. Probably not a good idea to start a paragraph off with "just to clear something up for ya" and end it with "At least that's the way I understand it."