Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What was the thing ....

Sitting at work, and waiting like all of you for any info or for the email's to start going out. The forums have slowed down, and we have talked about every thing we can think of to talk about. Troll's are running rampant and unchecked. And yea I was caught up in it myself, Trying to find something to do here on the site.

So I thought I would try and find something for us to do.
    I was wanting to know, What was the thing that you have read that makes you want to play this game. If more than one go for it, This is just something to play with. And maybe see what some of us is really looking for out of this "Soon to be MMOG".

A living world, From what I have read, And maybe I am reading between the lines. Hoping and wishing that I am right. It sound as if this will be one of the first true living world that I have played, Where things come and go. You can kill off whole species of animal's. Not that I want that to happen, But very cool that if you don't watch yourself that it could happen. Where if a mob/animal wins a fight and lives to fight again, He/she gains skill and level. I always thought it should have been like that.
    Real weather that can change the world and the things in it.
    A world that there is no NPC's that stands in one place for the next ten years giving out that same old quest. A world that us, The players of the game are the ones that come up with any mission that other's do.

There is so much more, But that is what really has me jazzed up for this game.

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Re:What was the thing ....

I agree with everything you just said and feel the same way, about literally every other feature this game lists.

I simply cant wait.

I submitted a load of questions via FAQ to the devs recently, so hopefully they will get back to me sometime and ill make sure to share the response.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pretty much the same reasons as the OP.

Ive been waiting for a long time for an mmo to develop in the right field instead of truying to modify the allready existing formula thats in every other mmo, than only to brag about it and how they have somth the others dont even though its nothing new at all.

I put on my robe and wizard hat and go kill me sum bears.
    Then I scavenge for some lost relics and craft myself an epic axe.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Dominus wrote:
    I put on my robe and wizard hat and go kill me sum bears.
    Then I scavenge for some lost relics and craft myself an epic axe.
    And what were you planning to do ingame?

I like the fact that I don't have to grind 4 hours a night in order to be viable end-game (whatever that may be within Xsyon), or at PvP.

I believe the skill the player has when controlling the character should determine who comes out of the fight alive. Not epic gear that you can only get by grinding and grinding and grinding...

Now don't get me wrong. If they set up an EPIC quest-line that takes over a month to do, with multiple bosses, crafting-recipies, and group-oriented specialization... I would absolutely love to get an "epic" weapon from that.

I'm sick and tired of "epics" being something that you just get, and then discard after another week of grinding.

Hopefully in Xsyon, if you do ever manage to find/craft a truly EPIC weapon, it will look sick, and you'll be keeping it for most of your gaming career.

I want things to be real in Xsyon, like the OP said. Not some themeparkish ride that everyone and their grandmother can ride, and come away with a happy-go-lucky feeling.

Darnit Xsyon! I want you to be epic!

For similar reasons as you, but most important being terraforming.

Meower wrote:
    I like the fact that I don't have to grind 4 hours a night in order to be viable end-game (whatever that may be within Xsyon), or at PvP.
    Where did you get that you dont? Just wondering where you getting that info from.
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

MrDDT wrote:
    Meower wrote:
    Where did you get that you dont? Just wondering where you getting that info from.
    Probably because new players can get all the best skills from old veterans.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Meower wrote:
    There is no such thing as end-game in a sandbox game.