Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

If you cant lose your Totem....what's the Endgame?

A question I have been asking myself about Xyson.....

If you have no chance of losing your city......or taking over your enemies......what is this game going to be like in a month or two? What is the endgame? Get your guy to the soft cap, then work on Basketweaving? And what happens when the junkpiles are gone?
    Without conflict with others, I dont see how you can have an endgame. And this "Safezone" is going to be a game killer IMO.

In Shadowbane, when you had more gold/resources than you could spend....was the best part of the game, because the focus of the game was War. Taking over other players/guild cities...Defending yours from your enemies. It was the most fun of any game I've ever played for that reason. It was non-stop action. Major fights every other day/night....and it was glorious.

The big powerfull guilds were always trying to take your city, and your Alliance of several smaller guilds were always trying to take theirs. And it was a blast. Politics became a huge factor......That, to me, was endgame.

With Xyson....( and dont get me wrong, I'm not a hater, I love the game).....I see a BIG problem with the endgame. When players max out their only character....get their city the best it can be........WHAT IS NEXT? You can't go make another guy and work on Healing, or Magic, or whatever...and even if you could....the question still stands? What's next?

The ability to lose or take over a city, was the endgame. And I am having a big problem imagining what this game will be like in a few months, when most of the players have maxed out their characters, and have nothing to do, but run around and try to find someone to kill.

I hope the Dev's have a solution for this, but as of now, I just dont see it. Thoughts of endgame? What you think will happen?

Hate away, flame on, it's just a thought while I wait for the game to come back up.

hail brother Shadowbane player and well met!

For the first 6-9months is the building stage of Xyson, the prelude. After this is up is when the tribal warfare will be activated. Whether or not we will take the main tribal territories is up in the air, but nonetheless we will be pvping for plots of land.

Did someone say endgame in a sandbox game?

BAHAHAHA!!!! Good one, good one...

What's this end game you speak of? Hi friend meet my friend here named sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    \

/wave

Fear/Vengence/Moruning Server here.......

I remember watching a video about Xsyon and the guy said, "There is no endgame, there is no startgame, there is just the game." Now quit whining and go play in the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by djext2000 View Post
    Did someone say endgame in a sandbox game?

BAHAHAHA!!!! Good one, good one...
    What he means is a goal once you get tired of making underwear and rping a hobo wanting to have sex for crack. Something that will keep one enterained beyong the value of the game if there aren't enough sandbox tools to keep one preoccupied. Pvp is the main reason why most games have it these days it basically adds a whole other element to the game.

Eventually I will get bored of crafting and terraforming because although the game has great sandbox things to do currently we will need more content. I know alot of stuff is still not in game. I just hope the 6-9 months of prelude is not too much time to get everything situated, because if terriotry conquest can destroy all that work...then its for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I remember watching a video about Xsyon and the guy said, "There is no endgame, there is no startgame, there is just the game." Now quit whining and go play in the sandbox.
    As said numerous times on the darkfall boards. What is a sandbox without sand, a pail and shovel? Just an empty box to imagine things to do in.

You guys are getting too caught up in the semantics of the word "end game." Rather than end game, substitute the words "recurring game."

The OP's point is valid. When there is nothing else to build, nothing else to train, & no reason to kill anybody other than boredom...what's next? Does anyone from a large tribe REALLY think it's going to take their entire tribe 6-9 months to flesh out their villages? I can't imagine that...

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    And your Sig is Epic!!!