Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

This is not correct. The main issue is not number of players on the server. It's number of tribes and homesteads in the starting area.

However, I thought this would be a good opportunity to give the war gamers what they've been asking for as well.
    War gamers w/o crafters and other support from the community doesn't work well and conversely, a crafting community w/o PvP'ers to use there goods is boring. There has to be someway to satisfy both sides without a split.

Again, my opinions.

What many are missing here is that the devs say each server will evolve with the community.

If that's true then it is quite possible that the war server will have asset destruction and home bases being captured.

The first thing I'm going to post when the War server forum goes up is changing the respawn rules and mitigating the OPness of preorder weapons. Why? Because they screw up PvP and this is the PvP server!

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgeist View Post
    Thanks for the correction but the result is the same. You need a mecanism for spreading the population or you won't be able to handle the load. You should contact someone who worked on shadowbane. Though the games have different focuses I think you'll find they have much to contribute on the dangers of allowing players too much freedom.
    The land needs 'free space' for the wildlife and such.. spreading people out isn't going to solve that, it's going to make it worse

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    War gamers w/o crafters and other support from the community doesn't work well and conversely, a crafting community w/o PvP'ers to use there goods is boring. There has to be someway to satisfy both sides without a split.

Again, my opinions.
    How is that any different from DarkFall? Mortal Online? Earthrise? They have crafters plenty. The Peace server is still FFA PVP, the difference is the safe zone and the nature of tribal warfare in the future

hopefully this will show any devs out there to just stick with their plans. If you listen to the community either the game sucks, or you piss people off. Why? Because people suck. If you just released like normal, people would of gotten over it.

But since your hell bent on this crap, allow paid character transfers, so if one server turns out to suck, you can goto the otherone. Many people(myself included) are scared of investing time in either 1) A dead server, or 2) A ruleset you don't even like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Blizzard =/= Indy. We are talking about two things here. Sandbox MMO's that have a VASTLY smaller customer base than Themepark MMO's that cater to a MUCH larger audience. Multi-server Themeparks work... Persistent sandbox MMO's that are totally player driven, not so much.
    I get that, but the problem is youre thinking seems to be that player driven = absolutely every player in the game has to be on the same server or else there s no point. We have no idea how many players we will end up having, or just how big the world will get, or many many other things. EVE worked as a single shard because of the way it is setup. You have your high sec zones in the earlier areas, and then eventually move on to the low sec areas IF you want to.

Xsyon isnt phased like that though. Basically everywhere you go is low sec, except for your own land and eventually your city. By adding the 2nd server it just change sit a bit so that in the future:
    1 server = towns are high sec
    1 server = even towns can be low sec

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    This is correct. The plan, as I keep saying, is to evolve with the player base. The current player base is pushing in two different directions, so we'll start off this way. If you start off on a server with like minded players you know better what to expect in the future.

Choices and evolution with the community is the plan.
    BUT i dont want to play on the carebear server,and i dont want to play on the Darkfall server.I want to play on the Xsyon server when is that server coming online????????

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    How is that any different from DarkFall? Mortal Online? Earthrise? They have crafters plenty. The Peace server is still FFA PVP, the difference is the safe zone and the nature of tribal warfare in the future
    A lot of the players have abandoned them to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    hopefully this will show any devs out there to just stick with their plans. If you listen to the community either the game sucks, or you piss people off. Why? Because people suck. If you just released like normal, people would of gotten over it.

But since your hell bent on this crap, allow paid character transfers, so if one server turns out to suck, you can goto the otherone. Many people(myself included) are scared of investing time in either 1) A dead server, or 2) A ruleset you don't even like.
    This is where I am at now. In one Update post this game completely changed today. We went from one big mostly happy community sharing a single game server and forums, to being split into camps, and having two independent communities. This isn't what I paid for. I know I gambled my money when I subbed here but now I don't even know which server I'm supposed to belong to, or rather, which one will have the fun crowd (assuming they both don't die). I guess launch day just got pushed out a month or two for me, and I'm not sure I want to sub at this point.

Xsyon was going to be a unique game to look forward to. Now it is simply another mmo offering a pvp or pve server with less stability, sub-par graphics, an endless list of broken game mechanics and no combat system lolz.

And please don't state that its not a pve server. Go compare it to several games out there and you will find that the pve server always offers consenual war while the pvp server is open. If i wanted a game like this i would have re downloaded ultima online and played on there pre tram server wich is empty but at least has working mechanics and good combat system or played on thier pve server wich has consensual combat ie go to fel if you wanna fight somone...which by the way is also empty because that is how games like this crash and burn.

Xsyon is just crashing and burning at start oppsing to being sucssesfull like uo was. Xsyon had one attraction and it was unique which is now gone leaving junk piles to sort through.