Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I have a problem.I dont want to play on War or Peace.I want to play on something in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    The Peace server will retain its safe zones with tribes having the options to engage in tribal warfare or allow PvP on tribal land

Is that sanbox having optional tribe warfare? you got to be kidding me
    It was people like you, tribes like yours, that caused this divergence in rulesets. Now that you have your War server, why are you guys so quickly going back on your word of uberness and ultima-PVPbility and caring at all about what will happen on the Peace server? Shouldn't your awesome ability to defend your Tribelands be promise enough for your "carebear crafters" to not worry about switching to the War server? What's going on here?

I'm sorry, but all I'm trying to say here is that I find it silly for people to go against what they initially seemed to desire.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    I'm completely fine with that decision as long as the War server has consequences, too. We didn't ask for an "FFA" server, Jordi... Just one that didn't have safe zones in tribe areas for Prelude.

Are safe zones going to be removed on the Peace server after Prelude? If so, my tribe may still want to play there.
    ^ This, I don't see the PvE server lasting long without durability wear and more open tribal conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    pvp server with no gates implemented yet?
    Both servers will start out the same. However, the war server will have save zones removed during prelude

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    My personal opinion is that you've just created a total disaster.

You already have a small playerbase - which you have just split up.

You have a war server which no crafter will join, and so no real pvp guild will join (we need crafters).

So all the pvpers will join the peace server. You'll get splits within guilds (it's even happening in ours right now on TS), over which server to join.

You've ended up with what appears to be 2 different games, neither viable since neither work.

For me, 1 server. 2 servers makes the "sandbox" idea ridiculous, and splits your dev team on 2 different issue sets - assuming the war server even works.

Thanks however for removing the (again personal opinion) ridiculous save totems idea (and yes, we had a saved totem).
    Wrong....

I will very happily play the one with PVP but with safe zones. Surely you have your own crafters in your pvp guilds?? Exactly who were you planing on getting your gear and weapons from? ( if you don't just run around naked)

I am going to be a crafter/hunter mostly and my policy is I'm not going to deal with known griefers. PVPers are a different story IMO. Some people are in lawful guilds that go hunt down the griefers.

I find it funny how there wont be any weaklings on the War server so NOW youre bitchin.

There seems to be a huge amount of Pandemic posting here - this may be timezone issues, but.

Yeah, I know lots of the origional playerbase hates us, however if you need to take a game to a sucessful level, you need to cater to the playerbase.

Now, I know from IRL experience that a normal MMO playerbase is 90% PvE and 10% PvP (roughly).

If Notorious wish to cater to the majority, please just say so - we will understand, and all the PvPers will get a refund and go play a different game.

If Notorious do wish to cater to the 10% that is PvP, please do so in a way that makes PvP viable in your sandbox game, rather than craeting a server that is "for PvP" that no intelligent PvPer would join (thus constricting us to consential PvP - ie PvE).

Yeah, our clan took all of 10 minutes to decide for refund or Peace. Worrying if were the "worst" griefers etc in the game.

With no mechanics to accommodate both play styles, I can understand the move, as deplorable as it is.

Seems it's either safe zones or no safe zones at this point.

I look forward to the end of prelude, and hope it delivers. In the meantime, I hope a good portion of PvPers decide to rough it out with us on peace. As an anti-PKer, I don't wish to see all the thrill vanish with this move.

Man .. i am very unsatisfied about this 2 server concept...
    VERY!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Both servers will start out the same. However, the war server will have save zones removed during prelude
    How soon? Right off the bat? Or a couple weeks, months?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    can u explain how well that work ?

how well u prevent a tribe from ganking another tribe?

if there well be constent ganking in tribe areas no crafters well want to play on war?