Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Just a question that will help make up my mind, does anybody know how the mechanics will work? Will it literally be a case of, I build a homestead, 5 of us populate it. We spend a month building it up nice and good, then "Tribe-Zerg" come along and kill us and destroy and conquer us? Then what do we do? Is it going to be a case of join a big tribe that can defend itself against other big tribes or play peace server??

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Just a question that will help make up my mind, does anybody know how the mechanics will work? Will it literally be a case of, I build a homestead, 5 of us populate it. We spend a month building it up nice and good, then "Tribe-Zerg" come along and kill us and destroy and conquer us? Then what do we do? Is it going to be a case of join a big tribe that can defend itself against other big tribes or play peace server??
    Yup, thats utopia for ya Join the zerg or die.

No one really knows, this thread is filled with propaganda and assumptions. The only way to know is to wait and see, but remember they are going to be the same for about a month or so if things go as planned then the war SZs drop. After that it's up to the players on what direction they take it.

It would be very unlikely that conquests would involve the destruction of players tribal area's, that would be a mechanic thats easily abused by larger clans. Your more likely find a feudal system where you might find yourselves under the rule of a conquerer, with a percentage of your resources going in their pockets.

This is just speculation, but from the devs own mouths griefing will not be tolerated and destroying someones home because you can, would be griefing. It's more likely that you may be able to create resource outposts in the future that could be destroyed and taken, something along those lines.

There is almost no difference other than timing on safe zones being removed. It was stated that things won't be "developed" more for one server or the other. . just changes in switches and settings.

There won't be cool defensive towers on WAR and not on PEACE. I would almost say that once they are in on PEACE people will want to use them and start dropping their safety flag etc. Once they are dropped they can not be turned back on.

Seriously. . .it is just two servers. . . just named differently to stop the QQ on both sides.

To NexAnima: It does seem like a "come hang with the cool kids . . so we have more people to kill" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dreampod View Post
    What is the purpose of walls without armies to hold at bay? What need for a blade without without an enemies blood to spill?

As a player who intends to focus more on the crafting and building end of the game I plan on playing where what I do matters, where people need the weapons and armor I craft, and where the walls I built keep them safe instead of a magic safety zone. I already have minecraft if I just want to build stuff without a purpose. I play Xsyon to rebuild the shattered world where my actions matter. I play WAR!
    I'm with you on this one.

As far as I am concerned it is just a game - not my second life or something like that. I really don't care if I 'lose'.

Even if someone destroys everything I've made they will not take away all my skills, or experience so I may be able to fight back against them at a later date. Furthermore, I've personally never 'invested' time in an MMO that has actually been worth anything tangible. It really doesn't worry me if I'm beaten. I've quit numerous MMOs through boredom anyway so I've got nothing to lose playing on the 'funnest' server.

My play style is crafter/explorer, but i will still chose to play on War!

PHENOMENAL post by the op!

Let us all help evolve the WAR server to where it should be!

Safezones are an easily exploitable loophole for the ones that fear risk, imo.

See you on the War server!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Seriously. . .it is just two servers. . . just named differently to stop the QQ on both sides.
    But it's not.
    The primary differences between the two servers are, based on what we know now, 3:
    1) Consensual PvP.
    One last clarification as I need to focus on other things: Consensual warfare would mean tribes choosing to be warring tribes or not. This would be a permanent or difficult to reverse choice, not a switch and would have benefits. Wild areas will remain as open PvP areas on both servers.
    The ability to opt out of the meta game...The ability to play the game without consequences. This destroyes the concept of an open world since you create a group that is playing by a different set a rules, a group that is protected by code. This is kind of a big deal.

Players that seek a world based on tribal warfare and conflict should choose the War server. That's the direction that server will evolve. Again, it will NOT be a Chaos free for all server. Players that want less danger and future consensual tribal PvP should choose the Peace server
    If you want to play the game without training wheels, there is only one option.

Both servers will evolve with each player base. The plan is and will always be to evolve with what the player base wants.
    This is the most obvious difference. We've really got 2 distinct groups here. One group believes they have the right to be left in peace to play the game as they want to play it. The other group believes that the game world should have as few restrictions as possible, to allow the players the ability to determine war, peace, trade. If if believe that spending the $40 gives you the right to uninterupted, peaceful gameplay...play on peace. If you want to play on a server that offers the best chance for the players to entirely determine econonic, diplomatic, and conflict related agendas, play on war.

As I stated in the initial post, this is purely self serving propaganda.
    My goal is to attract a majority population to War.
    I want to make the case that Peace is not a viable option for anyone that actually wants to play the game.
    War represents the highest level of player freedom, and thus is the best option for anyone actually wanting to play the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiitis View Post
    Have you forgotten that you can still pvp on the so called carebear server.You are only safe within your tribe/homestead area.You are not immune to conflict. So why all the shouting here?
    Because uber e-peens would shrink playing on a server titled “Peace”…

No more War server.....this guy has lost his marbles....he needs to make up his mind...lol

FAIL