Right or Wrong, when I head about the game, I loved some of the following things:
- deep crafting
- FFA PVP (but pvp that wasn't the center of gravity ala Darkfall (which is also a fun
game but not what I was looking for)
- rebuilding the world
- player made quests
- player build cities
- trade/politics based on resources (to a large extent)
- eventual tribal warfare (details were following)
- host of unspecified and specified features that were going to be slowly implemented as the game grew.
Yes, those are the things which turned me on to the game. While reading the forums, this seemed to be what a lot of ppl were also looking forward to, and the community was one of the best i'd ever seen.
There were discussions about how heavy pvp should be, but these were still rather civilized. Then came the day... you know the day .... are you going to make me spell it out... the day of the failed early start launch. A day that will live in infamy.
Since then I've noticed a couple of things.
- the discussion has gone from civilized to childish (in many cases)
- the more war, war, war crowd has become more active
- the I want this, or I want that, or I'm quitting crown got more active
- other things simpler to those already mentioned.
So what is a poor overworked, underfed, late (game wise!!! , and he has a headache to do. No matter what, he's not going to make everyone happy. So he goes for the best possible solution. Have one server which follows the intent of his original vision (and what I came to the game for) and a more warlike server (Which an ever increasing vocal group want)
- Two Servers to keep most ppl play styles happy.
- Splits the population
And long time in coming, the conclusion. If you didn't like the original vision ala the peace server, then the game probably wasn't for you. I suppose its good that all of this childish bickering brought it out, so you don't waste your time, and don't waste the communities time with trying to change it. For those who came because they enjoyed the vision, enjoy it.
** with these final statements, I am not intending to say don't make recommendations on desired features, tweaks, etc. Just those changes that fundamentally change where the game is heading.
Devs. I like your vision, keep working it and quit trying to make all of the knuckleheads happy. you can't do it.