I've heard that if your on your tribal turf you are immune to attack from outsiders, I'm not sure if this is the whole tribe or just the leader... Either way I don't like the idea of safe-zones in what I thought was an open PVP game. Obviously this isn't a make-or-break aspect, however I prefer no safezones at all!
I can understand why the majority of people would stick to this idea, especially for the prelude/starting up of the game. But heres my contrast to this point; If you wish to start a tribal base, it shouldn't be made so easy because aside from the fact that it's a complete opposition to the realism of the game, it also means bases will pop-up everywhere quickly. I don't know what it takes to start a tribe but I don't think it should be hard to actually start one, the effort should be in the creation of the base. Anyone can gather a few people and say "we are the New Resistance Clan!". But starting a village you'll get all sorts of invaders, theives, vandals. So you'll need a lot of people to patrol and guard, aswell as build and supply.
Of course these are just views from theory and not pratice, as I'm not in beta. Not a big thing just thoughts for discussion.

P.S. when you drop things; thats assuming you can drop things from your inventory to the floor; will they magically disappear after a few minutes or will they still be there if you run away and come back like a day or 2 later, if no one else finds them?